1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Tailgate Flap

Discussion in 'Ice Management' started by tocs93, Jan 13, 2006.

1. tocs93

tocs93 Junior Member

Does anybody have a protective rubber flap or mudflap behind their tailgate spreader to keep salt from hitting the truck or going back up underneath the bumper? If so, where did you get it and how did you rig it up? Pictures would be awesome. I have a SnowEx Pivot pro 1075.

Thanks,
    -Scott

2. echovalley

echovalley Senior Member
    from CT

Do a search we posted it a few weeks ago,there were some good photos

3. SGLC

SGLC Senior Member

Post the Link....

4. Buddhaman

Buddhaman Senior Member

Mud Flaps

I am just bolting semi mud flaps to the frame of the spreader.

5. Grn Mtn

Grn Mtn PlowSite.com Addict

6. FIREMAN Q

FIREMAN Q Senior Member

I ook a piece of rubber roofing material. Just happened to have some laying around the firehouse, and I just screwed it on using the bolts on the spreader frame. I will post a few pics later. Looks like I'm gonna have to load up the equipment. Might be getting some snow!!!!!

7. FIREMAN Q

FIREMAN Q Senior Member

here are the pics I told you about. Hope it helps you.

DSC05798_edited-1.jpg

DSC05803_edited-1.jpg

8. golden arches

golden arches Senior Member

Found that a used rubber (carpet type) runner works very well. Just hung it from the tailgate latch. Heavy enough & looks good.

9. hickslawns

hickslawns Senior Member

Went to the local truck accessory shop. They had stacks of blem truck mats for like $10-15 and you can make several out of these. Just cut them to size, we even had holes in ours for the dual exhaust to come out. We screwed them to the framework of the spreaders.