1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Tail light flashers on the cargo lights

Discussion in 'Chevy Trucks' started by kyler, Dec 29, 2008.

1. kyler

kyler Member
    from bristol

I was wondering if i could use a tail like flasher to alternate my third brake light with the cargo lights...what i want to do is right cargo light and right side of third brake light then left side cargo light with left side third brake light...so red white then red white. can this be done? if so anyone recommend a flasher that can do this?

2. bula_1984

bula_1984 Member

Yes this can be done what you need is an alternating flasher they are about $25, Napa caries them. then what you would to is hook up your positive wires alternately, red white opposite sides, then hook into the flasher. The only problem is you would loose your 3rd brake light and cargo light. To keep your cargo light and 3rd brake light working you would need to wire in a relay or a double pole double throw toggle switch. I would be able to work you through wiring if you want to do it(used to be on a fire dept and hooked head lights and brake lights to flash back and forth but they came on when I stepped on the brake). If you have any questions and to get my phone number please e-mail me at bula_1984@yahoo.com.