1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

tail lamps

Discussion in 'Ram Trucks' started by peteo1, Jan 25, 2014.

1. peteo1

peteo1 PlowSite.com Addict

My 03 2500 is acting up and driving me nuts. The chime keeps going off every time I hit the brake, shift gears, use my turn signal or hit a bump.:gunsfiring: I'm ready to pull what's left of my hair out. The dash light comes on and tells me lamp out but I know the bulbs are fine. The confusing part is it doesn't do it all the time. It'll be fine for days and then for two hours today*it wouldn't shut the #$%* up. Hopefully someone has an answer to this because I don't want to just throw parts at it.:angry::cry::confused:
  2. Whiffyspark

Whiffyspark 2000 Club Member
    from SOMD

Try changing the bulbs. The filaments can break but still make contact
  3. jhenderson9196

jhenderson9196 Senior Member

Replace the tail lamp connector plate. Both sides. They are known for this problem. $10 each at Rock Auto.com.
  4. Green Grass

Green Grass PlowSite Fanatic

behind the shield in the driver front wheel well is a large connector. unplug the connector and clean it they like to get corrosion in them. other wise the most likely thing would be the tail light circuit board.
  5. peteo1

Thanks guys. I'll work on that tomorrow. sounds like a cheap fix. Much appreciated. Now just to make it through one more night of plowing with this damn thing dinging at me. Ugh
  6. ry_rock

ry_rock Senior Member

Had the same thing happen on my 03 changed the bulbs and has been fine for over 3 yrs
  7. mike6256

mike6256 Senior Member

Yup me too. Bulb did the trick.
  8. peteo1

Bulbs were fine, circuit board was shot and there was a bad spot in the wiring. Got it fixed up today