1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

tail gate spreaders

Discussion in 'Ice Management' started by Jay brown, Jan 18, 2006.

1. Jay brown

Jay brown PlowSite.com Addict

tailgate spreaders

what are tailgate spreaders primarly used for?

Last edited: Jan 18, 2006
  2. fernalddude

fernalddude PlowSite.com Addict

We use them for dry bagged chemicals. Salt ,Mag., Cal. We switch all the time our customers needs change all the time. I can be salting one min then jump on the sidewalks and apply cal. But you have to have plenty of chemicals to apply so bulk supply's don't work for us.

3. NJ Plowman

NJ Plowman Senior Member

Jay,

It looks like you got 9 million dollars worth of equipment there, including a Swenson...payup

Seems like an odd question for a guy with so many pieces of equipment. :dizzy:

We spread both bulk and bagged salt and various other chemicals in ours. We have installed vibrators for when we use bulk salt. Essentially they do 650 pounds of bulk salt and still allow us access to the bed of the truck so we can bring along blowers and hand spreaders... :jester:

4. Jay brown

soory for the odd question, i had never seen one around here. everyone has eight footers. i would think that it would consume all of your bed space with the bags of salt you would carry. must use them for a few driveways or something.

5. FIREMAN Q

FIREMAN Q Senior Member

I use a tailgate spreader because I don't have the means of loading a bed spreader. Plus i don't have any way of taking it off. I don't want to leave it in the truck all the time. they are good for those who don't have very many large accounts. I will usually go through 1-3 hoppers a storm.

6. me1223

me1223 Member

how do you figure 9million? just wondering, looks to me like 3tops.

7. kyle volz

kyle volz Member
    from Midwest

We use them to make money and a lot of it. SnowEx spreaders are what we use.

8. NJ Plowman

NJ Plowman Senior Member

Hey Me,

OK, I guess I am a little off on my math...but at least I got the capitalization right! :dizzy:

9. Jay brown

thanks for all of your good info. :) since it's a mild winter you will have time you'll have time to brush up on your math skills. nj plow, i'll sell it all to you for 2.9 mil cash.payup

10. NJ Plowman

NJ Plowman Senior Member

Do I get the complementary "Bridge" with that? :eek:

Guy's...Don't forget...Pray for SNOW !!! payup