1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

tail gate spreader

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by johnnyusa, Sep 9, 2014.

1. johnnyusa

johnnyusa Member
    from ct

looking to buy a tailgate spreader for back of pickup . never had one b4 and just picked up a few small town home associations. Any advice would be great.
  2. Antlerart06

Antlerart06 PlowSite Veteran

I have a 2500 Western I run on my Sons plow truck It helps me out He likes it He can see backing up unlike my V box I haul I try to a void backing up

I bought mine used but its like new Last person didn't run a pallet of Icemelt threw it
    I added a Augur to it works 10 times better

If you get one make sure it has a augur Free Flowing spreaders sucks you waste a lot
    I price one today 2 models of the 2500 one is 1600 and other 1750 the difference is one variable speed and other isnt Then + 68 for the 4 flight augur it bolts on the shaft
    Then I found out spreading Icemelt or fine salt with it works better running it backwards Spreads more evenly
  3. SnowGuy73

SnowGuy73 PlowSite Fanatic

Snowex 575.