1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Tail gate on F350 With V box???

Discussion in 'Ford Trucks' started by gottaluvplows, Oct 20, 2009.

1. gottaluvplows

gottaluvplows Senior Member

On my New to me F350 i got a v box for it and i was wondering should i put the spreader on the tailgate (i would have a little more storage space in the bed) or should i remove the tail gate??

PS i know there is a thread out there similar to this one but they do not talk about V box spreaders at all

thanks nick

2. CARDOCTOR

CARDOCTOR PlowSite.com Addict

i run a vbox in my dodge there's no way it will take the weight. the box empties front to back so all the weight will end up on the tg. even if you would replace the cables with struts the tg will just bend

JR

3. basher

basher PlowSite Fanatic
    from 19707

you are asking for trouble, besides a failed tailgate you will have increased your length by at least four feet. Can cause understeer and severe rear axle overload and maneuvering issues.

4. gottaluvplows

gottaluvplows Senior Member

Oh yeah Thx see if there was no plowsite i probably would have learned the hard way

True I never thought about the cables...... THANKS Soo much