1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Tahoe winter

Discussion in 'Storm Pictures' started by getmydrift, Feb 8, 2008.

1. getmydrift

getmydrift Member

quickly making plows unusable,so far this season upwards of 20 '

Library - 0045.jpg

Library - 0071.jpg

Library - 4060.jpg

Library - 4062.jpg

2. columbiaplower

columbiaplower Senior Member

beautiful pictures

3. Mark Oomkes

Mark Oomkes PlowSite Fanatic

Nice, and I was uptight about our 6' so far. Guess it's all what you get used to.

Although, that 20' probably came in a few decent storms, right? As opposed to 2-3" at a time, which gets old, fast.

4. chtucker

chtucker Senior Member

What kind of tires are those on the skid steer

5. mike psd

mike psd PlowSite.com Addict
    from pa

nice set up man great pics please post more

6. nickPSD

nickPSD Member

Awesome pics, might be coming out to visit family in a month. Post up some more pics

7. f250man

f250man PlowSite Veteran

Nice pics and nice scenery

8. getmydrift

getmydrift Member

the tires, are snow wolf, or something like that. they are studded, I do chain up the rears, because I have some rather steep driveways. three of the pictures are of my own driveway. about 400' with about a 8% grade. they came with the wheels, cost about 1200.about 3 seasons ago.they make a huge differance, no floating, can blow snow uphill w/o sliding.I bought the Bobcat and blower new in 04 and paid it off this year. I have two trucks with plows on them, one a 1971 chevy 3/4 ton with a meyers straight blade (I have plowed with for 20 years) and a 1997 Ford F350 with a new mvp plus. except for a few small commercial lots, the plows are not doing much these days. I will post some more pictures in a couple of days. I did post a few more in the commercial section, under my boss v could not do it. I am a Fire fighter and at work the next 2 days. Bob

9. ECS

ECS Senior Member

Nice set up. That is what I could use about now. Thanks for the pics.