1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Tahoe w/ a plow

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by Scott Fortin, Nov 18, 2006.

1. Scott Fortin

Scott Fortin Junior Member

I'm thinking of buying a Tahoe (01-03) for the family and adding a plow to it to replace the old Bronco I plow with. Wanted to see if any of you have done this, if it's a good idea and what size western I can throw on there. Suggestions? Thanks.

2. JDsnowremoval

JDsnowremoval Member
    from CT

Use to have a 96 tahoe 2 door 4x4 with a plow, it had a 6.5' fisher plow worked good for me!!
  3. NoFearDeere

NoFearDeere PlowSite.com Addict

A guy I work with has a '97 Chevy Tahoe 4-dr. w/ a Blizzard 7.5 Straight works fine for him!
  4. cet

cet PlowSite Fanatic

Someone I work with has a 1999 with a 8'6" Arctic. Plowed every year since new with only minor problems. Not that I would recomend a plow this size but it has held up better then a lot of 3/4 ton trucks.
  5. rfed32

rfed32 Senior Member

i plowed with a guy two years ago who plows with a tahoe with a 7'6'' western 1/2 ton truck and has been plowing for the past 7yrs with it...loves every min of it too
  6. itsgottobegreen

itsgottobegreen PlowSite.com Addict

Either a blizzard 760LT or a Western Midweight 7.5'
  7. PlowVA

PlowVA Senior Member

That's what mines got :cool:
  8. YardMedic

YardMedic PlowSite.com Addict

Absolutely! No experience with Westerns, but it looks as though they have come a long way.

Ran a '97 2-door Tahoe with a 7.5' Fisher MM1 with absolutely no problem. Loved the shorter wheelbase. The newer 4-doors will be longer but still shorter than a longbed pickup. You still have space in the cargo area for a shovel, bags of sand/ice melt, and any other gear you want.

Pictured here without the plow (just the Fisher MM connection)