1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

tahoe/hummer/2500 hd to plow with?

Discussion in 'Chevy Trucks' started by Nolimit124, Jan 12, 2009.

1. Nolimit124

Nolimit124 Member

Hey guys i'm looking into buying a new truck for personal use and to plow with. I was thinking about a 2001-2006 tahoe or a 2003-2005 hummer H2 or a silverado 2500hd.

I wanted to stay away from the pick up because i do alot of residentials so i dont want that big of a truck. Any suggestions? Also what size fisher can i put on a tahoe or hummer i'm looking to put a Heavy Duty one on. I called a dealer and the want to put the sd fisher on what can i do.

Any suggestions woudl be helpful if you want to email me you can get in contact with me at Nolimit124@msn.com
  2. JDiepstra

JDiepstra PlowSite.com Addict

What makes you think a pickup is bigger than a Hummer or Tahoe? If you get a regular cab short bed it could actually be shorter. You probably need the back seat?

PS I know that doesnt answer your questions but sometimes we need a little more info to give a good answer.
  3. basher

basher PlowSite Fanatic
    from 19707

Forget the Hummer, not enough axle capacity. The Tahoe lacks visablity tough to see whats around you and that is key in driveways.
    The 2500HD is the best bet if you want in install a Fisher.
  4. Nolimit124

Nolimit124 Member

Yeah i have been looking into a 2500hd but I just think its too big for driveways I did alot of driveways with a f350, but its just so big. I have also used a 3500hd reg cab long bed and it seems huge. Let me know what you guys think of tahoe with plows on them?

Also whats the difference between the sd and the hd? Can i use the SD on residential driveways?
  5. 2COR517

2COR517 PlowSite Fanatic

You're really comparing apples to oranges to bananas here. Is the vehicle itself second to plowing capacity, or do just want to add a plow to the truck you like? Get the vehicle you want, and put the appropriate size plow on it. Search for Tahoe. There have been several recent threads about this. The Tahoe frontend isn't well suited to a heavy plow. I plow with an extended cab long bed. That's 20 feet. The XV sticks out probably 4 feet, the sander almost 3 off the back. I do some tight drives with it. It's not fun, but you get used to it. All this with the crappy stock mirrors.