1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Tahoe heater problem

Discussion in 'Chevy Trucks' started by Midwest, Nov 13, 2004.

1. I've got a 96 tahoe that hasn't had very hot heater lately. I just replaced the thermostat in the 350 and the temp is hitting 170 or so. did not help the heating problem. it seems as though the air flow is better on the cold side also. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated, its starting to get cold around here :help:

2. towman

towman Member

with the engine running and the heater on feel the two heater hoses coming from the heater core, if there is much of a differance you can pull the hoses off and take a garden hose and spray thru the hoses to flush the heater core itself out, just had one at work today that was blowing a 100 degrees before and 154 degrees after flushing

3. Excellent idea, I did not even think of that. :drinkup: will try it tomorrow
    Thanks

4. towman

towman Member

just reread your post, if your tempature is only hitting 170 degrees on the temp guage you probably won;t get great heat, you should be running in the 200 degree area, did you put a 195 thermostat in ? also running that cool your fuel mileage is probably down also, would recheck t stat also

5. It was the one that I got from dealer, and possible I just didn't let it heat up enough

6. bnc services 2

bnc services 2 Member

Just Tring To Help

I HAVE A 1995 TAHOE AND HAD THE SAME PROBLEM LAST YEAR ! WHAT WORKED FOR ME WAS RUN A 180 DEG T-STAT AND A HEAVY DUTY FAN CLUTCH YOU CAN PICK ONE UP A AUTO ZONE FOR ABOUT $40.00 GOOD LUCK IT WORKED FOR ME

7. Thanks BNC, But I got her working really good. Flushed out the system and especially the heater core. Man was there some nasty looking crap coming out :dizzy: