1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Taconic's 2nd Annual BBQ Followup

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by snow, Oct 13, 2001.

1. snow

snow Guest

The bbq was great, it seemed 2 times bigger than last year. lots of plowsite members attended from as far away as canada- Alan, 75, John Dimartino, Plowking35(dino), Brimow525, Snow(me), SLC1, Ct18fireman, Mick, BRL, JD Plower, Taconic (his shop it took place at), Chuck Smith, gotgrass, jeff curtis, and anyone else i didn't see or forget. there were some new vendors there.-a rep from downeaster came with 2 spreaders, protech snowpushers w/ 2 snowpusher, RSC snowpushers, STORM blades (blades and pushers for loaders/tractors/etc), hustler turf equipment, cat equipment, liquid de-icer tanks. T put together a site w/ photos of the event on it. i didn't get to take a group picture, wish i did.

here's a link to the site, there's a link to page 2 on the bottom.
    photos

I would like to thank John Parker for providing us a space to hold this event, without John contacting vendors, making flyers, and spending his personal time of this event , we would never of had a bbq. Also a thanx to all the vendors and people who came to the event, without you there also would be no bbq.

enjoy,

2. wolfie

wolfie Senior Member

I was there too. I brought my dad with me and we had a great time! I'm glad you put up the photos... I forgot my camera... I must have some kind of mental block or something... I forgot to take my camera when I went through the Chevy truck plant last month too...

3. CT18fireman

CT18fireman Banned

It was a great time. Hopefully it can become an event that continues and gets better each year. Great to be able to talk to many different manufacturers and salesman. Plus got to meet some people and finally put faces to screen names.

4. cat320

cat320 2000 Club Member

Snow great pictorial felt like I was there wish I was looked like a good time.Saw that you got JD plower and his truck in a pic.The red dump was that a 350 or 450 looked prety good .

5. slplow

slplow PlowSite.com Veteran

Snow, great pics. I only wish we could of made it there this yr it looked like a great time and would have been great to meet all the people from this site. Hope it was a good time for all.

6. GeoffD

GeoffD PlowSite.com Veteran

The Pics had lots of nice Fords, almost like Ford heaven.

Geoff

7. snow

snow PlowSite.com Veteran

yes, it was great. new fords, powerstrokes, fisher plows reminds me of your fleet geoff :) . Somehow a photo of a chevy got in there, but, i had to compare it to the fords. actually, i like how dino's truck is setup with the toolbox and dump body with fold down sides, looked good except it had a bowtie on :D
    Now, john dimartino's dodge with the 4" straight pipe, that was impressive..

Bryan

8. thelawnguy

thelawnguy PlowSite.com Addict

I, too, had a great time, and wish to extend thanks to the host, John Parker and his crew.

It was nice to finally put faces with the names, also.

PS: Did the girl with the Boss demo ever move the F250 away from the plow to see if it was still as easy to hook up as she claimed? lol

Last edited: Oct 13, 2001
  9. JD PLOWER

JD PLOWER PlowSite.com Veteran

Snow those are really good shots you got today.
    I only took about a dozen photos and none of them are anywhere as nice as yours. I spent too much time BS-ing with Rob (75) and Mick from Maine. You have a better picture of my truck than I do. :) Thank you very much john and norm for your hospitality, it was a great time.

Yes she did move the truck back from the Boss plow(took her a few times to get it hooked up though :) .

Cat I wish you could have been there, I was the only one from Mass (I think?) there today. You could have upped the chevy count.

Yes it was Ford country at this event. but as snow's photos show chevy was represented fairly well.

I have to admit I totally missed that big tanker. (too much BS-ING I guess) Was that a deicer truck???

I almost forgot did anybody notice the bad blood between the pusher guys? Looked like they had some words!

One last thing, snow you are forbidden to take anymore photos of me until I lose 50lbs!!! :eek: :eek:

Last edited: Oct 13, 2001
  10. SlimJim Z71

SlimJim Z71 PlowSite.com Addict

I have GOT to make it out to the next one. Looks like there was a lot of nice equipment there. Thank you for putting the pictures up for those of us that couldn't make it out there!

Tim

11. CT18fireman

CT18fireman Banned

Yes I noticed aome animosity between the pusher guys. The to skid-steer salesman though actually both talked to me at once. They were literally compare each others equipment and deciding which one they thought was more beneficial for me to consider. I liked that their was variety in equipment. I hope we can expand to more next year. Maybe get Diamond and other manufacturers there. I did get to talk to the Downeaster rep about my missing sander, he is looking into it. Yes it was Ford country but that seems to be the platform of choice for people to display their products. Maybe because it is the best out their.

12. BOSS Adam

BOSS Adam Senior Member

What size is the downeaster on the green f-550 and is that truck 4 wheel drive? It look like it would of been a blast to go!

Thanks

Adam:D

Last edited: Oct 14, 2001
  13. Rob

Rob PlowSite.com Veteran

Man....
    I am really bummed out that I didn't get to make it up there. Snow, those are great pics Thanks for posting them for those of us that didn't get to make it up there.
    Maybe next year,

One question for those that were there, is that a SnowMan pull plow on that Ford F250? Does anyone here run one of those, and what do you think of it ?

Thanks again for those pictures

14. stslawncare

stslawncare Senior Member

bryan could u label those so we know whos trucks are whos?

15. SLC1

SLC1 Senior Member

I had a great time, Thankyou for all your hard work John Parker and I am looking forward to next year.

16. sonjaab

sonjaab PlowSite.com Addict

Thanks to all who made the BBQ happen.
    Had a great timemeeting all.......Got to see all
    the plows installed and in action.......
    I am in Collingswood NJ right now heading to
    Atlantic City to gamble.....Heading back to
    poughkeepsie on tuesday........Western plow
    dealer at BBQ gave me a killer price on a new plow
    ....500 cheaper than Syracuse NY...
    Sure glad i went.....I hope i don"t blow that 500 !!!!!!
    Hope everyone made it home safely..............
    Again thanks to all who made it happen !!!!!!!!!!!!!
    .......George

Last edited: Oct 14, 2001
  17. BRIMOW525

BRIMOW525 Senior Member

BBQ/Show

Many thanks to John for hosting this show. I too enjoyed putting faces to the names on my screen. Too bad there weren't more chevy's there! lol! Was there a prize for the longest distance to come? I put on 500 miles round trip. But it was all very well worth it. I will defenitly look foward to coming next year. By the way, was that BOSS plow really that easy to drive up to and hook up? I can hook my plow up in less than a minute and its almost 20 years old.

18. John Allin

John Allin PlowSite.com Addict

My apologies to John Parker and all who attended, for not being able to make it. Poop happens.

Maybe next year....

19. 75

75 PlowSite.com Addict

Thanks everybody!

A big "Thank You" to everyone for making this a great weekend. John & everyone from Taconic, manufacturers & dealers, and all of you who attended - without you the BBQ wouldn't be possible! It was WELL worth the drive down from Canada.

Brimow - I think I got ya beat: I had to drive about 500 miles EACH WAY! :p

I especially enjoyed getting to meet many of you "in person" and chat with you. Already looking forward to next year's. And, I think I finally figured out how to "Escape From Poughkeepsie" after spending some time circling the maze of one-way streets in a :confused: state!

The Magic demo was interesting & informative - well presented John.

Ford may have had the numbers advantage, but one of MY favourites was the decal on Dino's Chevy! (Hint: "Jaws")

Better go & check out Byan's pics..................... :)

20. Got Grass?

Got Grass? Senior Member

BBQ

I had a great time at the event and it was worth the 5-6hr one way drive. Brimo525, Almost drive twice as many miles. I think the prize would have to go out to 75. If I rememver correctly he drove arround 10 hrs.

I really liked the Western Ultra Mount. No more pry bars for sinking / unlevel plows. Unfortuantly not on the V till next year.

The dealers were extremely nice and were willing to demo, and answer every question no matter how small it was. Thay were even willing to talk about and tell you what the downsides of their equipment was.

Sonjaab, you ever find a hotel?

Weird, how most of the demo's were Fords, I liked the looks of that new Dodge on display but thats about it. Going down the road I did notice a lot of us drove our Chevy's there.

Looks like I'll be there next year. Hopefully can make a weekend out of it, and bring the other half and Daughter. Or carpool and same some gas and catch some Z's.

Nice to be able to put Faces on names.