1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Taconics 2 annual bbq for plowers and manufacturers

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by snow, Jul 14, 2001.

1. snow

snow PlowSite.com Veteran

Plowsite / Taconics 2 annual bbq for plowers and manufacturers

Well, it's time to think about snow again, and what a better place than the <b> Taconics 2 annual bbq for Plowers and Manufacturers </b>. Last year was a great turnout for the first year. for those who didn't go, we had Curtis snowplow, boss plows, sno-way, hiniker, ice-o-way spreader, snowman snowplows, a bobcat with a snowblower, ledex snow pusher, magic salt, trailers, urethane edges, ford commercial truck dealer, snowplow parts, truck accesories,etc. It was a blast, got to meet a lot of the plowsite members, such as plowking35, diceman, john dimartino, BRL, chuck smith, his brother andy, john parker,miketek, etc. we plan to have this the first or second week of october. john parker will be hosting it at his shop again in poughkeepsie, ny.

Mark you calenders now, John P will set the final date.

Hope to see you there,

Bryan

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 14, 2001
  2. Chuck Smith

Chuck Smith 2000 Club Member
    from NJ

Great idea, count me in!

~Chuck

3. Chuck Smith

from NJ

I assume you'll be giving out free samples of Magic salt again this year? I encourage anyone who hasn't used it, to get a sample. Trying it out is what convinced me!

~Chuck

4. Taconic

Taconic PlowSite.com Veteran

Yes Chuck ,we will be giving free samples of the Magic salt at our BBQ and be giving a demonstration which will describe and show how to spray,use and mix Magic.
    Any manufacturers who have an interest in showing there equipment give us a ring at 845-485-4200
    John Parker

5. Deere John

Deere John Senior Member

If you are planning the 2nd week in October, that may be very do-able for me. My wife and new son Jack will be touring somewhere then, burning up the old diesel, to make room for some new stuff.:D

6. Taconic

The date has been set and the Magic day will be Saturday October 13th 2001 from 10am to 5pm.
    John Parker

7. plowking35

plowking35 2000 Club Member
    from SE CT

Carve it in stone I will be there.
    Dino

8. Chuck Smith

from NJ

John,

You posted this on last year's thread from the BBQ. I think it might be helpful to add it to this thread as well.

"The barbecue will be at my shop at 186 Cottage Street in Poughkeepsie, New York. We are about 1.5 hours north of NYC right along the Hudson river. Anyone interested in helping organizing our event call me at 845-485-4200. Any vendors interested in showing their equipment please contact me for details."

~Chuck

Here's the thread
    http://www.plowsite.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=403

9. Taconic

Thanks Chuck,
    if i were computer savy i could have done that but i would be here until next spring trying to figure out how to do it.
    John P

10. Chuck Smith

from NJ

Alan,

Will you and Ray be coming this year?

~Chuck

11. Alan

Alan PlowSite.com Addict

Yup, that has already been determined. we'll be there. And this time we'll have some used urethane on the plow to show off.

12. plowking35

plowking35 2000 Club Member
    from SE CT

I spoke with Jp via email, and we will be doing 2 urethane edge install demostrations, one in the am and one after lunch. We may even try one on the lot, and bump a curb or two. So if you are interested in how they install and how they work on gravel and curbs, be sure to attend.
    Dino

13. Chuck Smith

from NJ

I spoke to John Allin, and he said he'd be attending the BBQ too.

~Chuck

14. Taconic

equipment attendees

Just an update on whose gonna be in Poughkeepsie for the BBQ.
    So far we have
    BOSS PLOWS
    FISHER PLOWS
    HENIKER PLOWS AND SANDERS
    CURTIS PLOWS
    AVALANCHE PUSHER BOXES
    PRO TEC SNOW PUSHERS
    MAGIC SALT DEMOSTRATIONS
    ARTIC GROOMER URETHANE EDGES AND INSTALLATION DEMO
    BOBCAT W/SNOW BLOWER ATTACHMENTS
    JCB FRONT END LOADERS
    JOHN DEERE SNOW BLOWERS
    CURTIS SNOW PLOWS AND SANDERS
    SPRAY TRUCKS AND PICKUP TRUCK SLIDE IN SPRAY SYSTEMS
    SIMA INFORMATION
    FORD TRUCKS
    INTERNATIONAL TRUCKS
    WOW the list is growing and it should be a good turn out

15. slplow

slplow PlowSite.com Veteran

I hope to be there this year, it sounds like a good time and would be nice to meet every body.

16. 75

75 PlowSite.com Addict

Yes, I'm giving serious thought to heading down that way myself. Bit of a drive, but gotta make sure Canada's represented....................... :D

17. thelawnguy

thelawnguy PlowSite.com Addict

I will be there. Anyone from central CT who wishes to share a ride contact me.

18. lawnboy82

lawnboy82 Banned

this will be on a weekend i would assume? cause if it is, i will organize the people of much fat and arrange for a group of whale men to come up, eat, and learn. BEWARE THE BEACHED WHALE MEN! i think i may only bring one. however i can pack away a nice chunk of food as well.

19. Chuck Smith

from NJ

Sounds like a weekend to me :D

~Chuck

20. JCurtis

JCurtis Banned

:D

Last time I checked a calendar October 13th was on a weekend!

Geeeeezzzzzzzzzz how hard is it to check a calendar before opening mouth and inserting foot!!!!

Then again if lawnboy calls his friends whale men, I guess he may not have much in the smarts department !!!! LOL

:p

Jeff