1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Tacoma plow pics

Discussion in 'Import and Other Trucks (Light Duty)' started by yakima, Feb 3, 2007.

1. yakima

yakima Junior Member
    from maine

This is my first posting on this site, so I am trying to figure out how it works. If this comes out funny..... oops!
    This is my 1999 Toyota Tacoma 4 cyl., manual transmission, pushing a Fisher LD plow. It does a great job! My driveway is about 1000 feet long, a fairly steep hill with a 90 degree turn at the top. I have plowed with an F250, F150 and now the tacoma, and by far the tacoma works the best for my driveway. It turns on a dime and it can really push snow as long as I run it in 4 low and push with the storm. :) Jen

Toyota plow 2 - 07.JPG

Toyota plow  2  -  07.JPG

THEGOLDPRO PlowSite Veteran

looks real nice, hows she plow??
  3. J29

J29 Senior Member

Nice setup. Looks like a great driveway truck for sure. Welcome to plowsite. J.
  4. tcalb2

tcalb2 Junior Member

The truck looks nice I have an 06 tacoma I want to put a fisher plow on and its basically the same set up as yours. How much did your plow cost and what size blade is yours. thank you
  5. Flipper

Flipper PlowSite.com Addict
    from CT

The 06 is totally different. You won't be able to put a Fisher MM on it unless you want to fab brackets. Only Fisher available for it is the Homesteader.
  6. yakima

yakima Junior Member
    from maine

Thanks for the replies. Yeah, the truck is a great driveway plow, especially because the MM is so easy to put on and remove, and the truck can turn so easily in some of the tightest corners. I have 2 sand buckets in the bed to provide good ballast.

I don't know how much one of these plows would cost now. I bought the truck used and it came with the plow. It is 6'-9", the light duty (LD) model. I think that Fisher now recommends the Homesteader for the newer Tacomas.

I learned the hard way that if you truly want the MM plow to be hooked up in a "minute " you have to lower the hydraulics before you remove it from the truck, otherwise, you have to work a lot harder to get pins to lock in.

THEGOLDPRO PlowSite Veteran

funny a couple years ago i almost bought the exact same truck, color and all, but it was just too small for me, im 6'2
  8. NoRide

NoRide Junior Member

I've got the same year reg cab Tacoma with a 2.7, auto. They don't offer the Fisher LD anymore from what I saw. Am I mistaken that only the Homesteader is available now?
  9. corey1977

corey1977 Member
    from maine

its bs the only truck you can be a ld on is a dakota or a drango in a small truck but I have seen them on jeep wrangles:cry:
  10. the_experience

the_experience Member

I'm just jealous of your engine. The 2.7L 3RZ puts out as much power as the factory turbocharged version of my 22re.