1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Tacoma Pics

Discussion in 'Import and Other Trucks (Light Duty)' started by PhatSupraTT, Dec 3, 2007.

1. PhatSupraTT

PhatSupraTT Member

IMG_15851.jpg

Finally got to use my plow! It's a22 series w/downpressure on a 2000 Tacoma 4cyl Automatic.

Couldn't be more impressed with the combo. I own some apartment buildings and it cleared the heavy wet snow with ease. I read a lot of posts from fellow Tacoma owners and you guys were right, it is very capable.

Do I need to worry about my transmission overheating? How will I know if it's overheating? Will it smell, shift hard, anything? I've read a lot of you guys are not running a tranny cooler and I'd rather not unless necessary.

Thanks
    Mark

IMG_15851.jpg

2. PhatSupraTT

PhatSupraTT Member

I have a 3/4 picture but it won't let me post it here because I tested it in test forum. How do I get it in here?

3. Flipper

Flipper PlowSite.com Addict
    from CT

Why not run a tranny cooler? Easy to put in, cheap and gives you piece of mind all the time.

4. toby4492

toby4492 2000 Club Member

Here is your 3/4 picture. I copied it out of the test forum. We at Sno-Way appreciate your business.

Last edited: Dec 16, 2007
  5. basher

basher PlowSite Fanatic
    from 19707

Careful with a tranny cooler, to cold can be as bad as too hot. You should have a transmission warning light. Check your owners manual.

That sucker would look real good with one of the new SUPER DEFLECTORS. Snoway calls them EZ FIT I think, we call them SUPER DEFLECTORS because they .. well .. they're tough as he!! you can pick the plow up by grabbing the front of the deflector. I do It all the time with a 8.5 to demo it. Fits just about any plow, adds a real aggressive look and function to the plow. It STOPS blow over, saving visibility and wiper transmissions.

Toby Got a picture? a head on shot mounted would be nice.:D

6. toby4492

I do not have anything that I can upload. This thread has a picture of one on a 26 series on an F150.

http://www.plowsite.com/showthread.php?t=50084

Best I can do at the moment.

7. PhatSupraTT

PhatSupraTT Member

Thanks Toby for adding the pic.

Out of curiosity, how much does one of those deflectors go for?

8. toby4492

Not a problem adding the picture. I try to keep a library of photos so when people ask I can show them specific applications. This site has allowed me to expand my library.

As far as the deflector price, our suggested retail is $250.

Let it snow :nod:

9. Flipper

Flipper PlowSite.com Addict
    from CT

I have never heard anyone in the transmission business not recommend a tranny cooler for a truck that plows snow.

If in doubt ask Toyota or a good tranny builder.

My Toyotas are standards so I don't have one.

10. basher

basher PlowSite Fanatic
    from 19707

Not recommending against trans coolers, just recommending you match the unit to the truck and not just throw on the biggest thing that fits.

11. deere615

deere615 2000 Club Member

Not a toyota fan but that is a nice looking setup you got there.

12. PA-plow-at-home

PA-plow-at-home Member

Mark,

Is your 2000 Tacoma a 4x4 vehicle, or 4x2 ?
    It sounds like the 4-cyl engine doesn't have any problem pushing the snow. Do you feel like it would be better if you had the 6-cyl engine?

Your Tacoma looks great. I've thought about getting a regular cab Tacoma, but it seems that if you want a new Tacoma reg cab with 4x4, you have to get it with a manual transmission. You can't get the reg cab with 4x4 and auto trans (at least thats what the "build" section on Toyota.com shows).

PA-plow-at-home

13. PhatSupraTT

PhatSupraTT Member

Thanks guys for the positive comments.

PA, it's a 4x4 automatic. It must be the newer reg. cab Tacomas don't come with autos? Of course I would prefer the V6 but it's definitely not a necessity as long as I plow in 4-low. With all the torque of 4-low, it only requires a light foot on the gas pedal. Definitely exceeded my expectations.

Mark

14. PhatSupraTT

PhatSupraTT Member

Question mainly for Toby,

I know the warranty is 2 years elec/hydr. and a 5 year structural. What exactly does structural mean? If I put a hole in the blade, is that replaced free of charge or isn't that covered?

Thanks

15. toby4492

Everything that we cover will be in your owner's manual. If you were to puncture a hole through the blade skin we do not cover that under warranty. The skin is covered against material defects for a period of 2 years.

Last edited: Dec 7, 2007
  16. greenbayguy

greenbayguy Junior Member

Hey man,

New to the forum as of today. I live 90 minutes Southeast of you, so we likely get a lot of the same weather. I am looking at a similar set-up. I was just hoping you could clarify a couple things: for whatever reason Sno-way does not have Green Bay distribution, just Appleton and Shawano; where did you get yours? Did you possibly get it used?

So you run a V4, in 4-low? How much plowing are you doing? All morning, just your driveway? I'd be running virtually the same truck and I've had some naysayers tell me I must have at least 3/4 ton V8.

Last thing, and you may have previously posted this, did you do anything to your suspension? Is it even a concern?

Love Wausau, went to the extension for a year, Wisconsin's next big thing. Thanks!

17. PhatSupraTT

PhatSupraTT Member

Truck is completely stock, no modifications at all and I don't put any weight in the box. I plow 5 private drives and one large 8-plex lot I own with no complaints. The truck does everything I ask with the only downfall being stacking. It won't stack with the big boys but it's not an issue if you think ahead and leave yourself room.

I bought the plow new from a Sno-Way dealer in Wausau and am surprised theres no dealer in Green Bay.

Mark

18. SHunter080703

SHunter080703 Junior Member

How has it been without the tranny cooler?

19. PhatSupraTT

PhatSupraTT Member

Knock on wood.....but I haven't had any problems. I plow quite slow in comparison to others I've seen and 4-low I'm sure helps.

20. SHunter080703

SHunter080703 Junior Member

Good to hear you haven't had any problems.

I can't wait to get mine.