1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Tacoma installation/mount

Discussion in 'Import and Other Trucks (Light Duty)' started by PhatSupraTT, Aug 20, 2007.

1. PhatSupraTT

PhatSupraTT Member

I'm a noob looking at buying a Western Suburbanite plow and have a few questions. I have a 2000 Toyota Tacoma 4cyl Automatic.

First of all, is this something I can easily install myself and save $400. Is there cutting/modifying involved or is it simply a matter of bolting on the mount to existing holes?

What about installing the plow itself. I know very little about hydraulics. Is there anything special there or is it simply hook up and go?

By the way, is there one standard Western mount which I could hook other western plows up to or is it Suburbanite specific?

I'm somewhat mechanically inclined but don't want to mess with it if it's a big headache.

Thanks
    Mark

2. Jerre Heyer

Jerre Heyer Senior Member

Would be the best $400 you could spend...........................Jerre

3. basher

basher PlowSite Fanatic
    from 19707

Words of wisdom...first time out, no experience with hydraulics, no lift, western's instructions, it would take you a week-end to assemble just the plow, not to mention the truck side.

4. Little Truck

Little Truck Junior Member
    from Indy

Well, crap. I cannot find a pic of a truckside western mount for mine either. I know I can make it and save..$

5. Mark in MD

Mark in MD Member

Spend the $400

6. MJay

MJay Member

Or buy mine for less. Make an over?

westmount.JPG

7. Merc1100sc

Merc1100sc Senior Member

what are u looking to get for it? i assume it will fit a 99 tocoma?

8. MJay

MJay Member

yes it will, make reasonable offer. new $600.

9. xl1200c

xl1200c Junior Member
    from nj