1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Taco Bell?

Discussion in 'Bidding & Estimating' started by lindenwood, Mar 9, 2011.

1. lindenwood

lindenwood Junior Member

They are accepting bids for snow plowing. The size of the lot is average it looks like it would take me 30 minutes to do each lot. I also have to bid another location. So I am bidding on two Taco Bell parking lots. What should I charge? I was thinking $100 for each lot. The other lot in Columbia, IL I have to drive to is 15 minutes away, and the lot in Waterloo, IL is in my hometown. Also I was thinking about cutting the grass for $40, because the space is very small only takes a couple of swipes with Lazer.

Any input is appreciated.

2. grandview

grandview PlowSite Fanatic

How about a couple of bean burritos instead for payment?

3. dayexco

dayexco Senior Member

i'd take the cash and go to taco johns...better grub

4. Matson Snow

Matson Snow PlowSite.com Addict

I was thinking about a couple of Mexican Pizzas............:eek:

Those Lots i Bet will go in the $40-$50 Per-push range.....

5. Plow_Goddess

Plow_Goddess Junior Member

More like $25 and a Chalupa per push :rolleyes:

6. grandview

need one of these.

[​IMG]

7. blowerman

blowerman PlowSite.com Addict

If the size of the lot is "average" and you can plow it in about "30 minutes," can you explain what average is then? Also, how long will this lot take a guy like Dayexco? What if Day plows it in 15 minutes? Should his price be half of yours?

8. dayexco

dayexco Senior Member

hey, don't be nosin in on my casa grande's

9. clark lawn

clark lawn PlowSite.com Addict
    from NE ohio

around here taco bell is the race to the bottom. they got one of the cheapest in town already and try to get someone to beat him every year. i think they are about $40/push right now.

10. suzuki0702

suzuki0702 Senior Member

blatterm. You think that its going to take you a 1/2hour to plow this place and your going to charge them 100. so your hourly rate is 200/hr? thats quite high my friend, try again

11. JTVLandscaping

JTVLandscaping Senior Member

I'll do it for 100 pesos!

12. ryde307

ryde307 PlowSite Veteran

I just met another business owner a week or so ago that is getting out of the business. While talking we talked about when he wa a large company and one of his customers was Taco Bell. For what its worth and this was probably 8-10 years ago it sounded but Taco Bell Ired one guy to do an area he serviced 70 stores. He said the price is a blanket price of $75 to plow shovel and salt. It was a price they created and it wasnt changing. Again this was not recent but it relates.

13. grandview

So 10 years ago it was 75.00 ,so with inflation the price is now 35.00.

14. lindenwood

lindenwood Junior Member

I way overbid it i didnt get the job so i just submitted 4 bids this week.

15. Drakeslayer

Drakeslayer 2000 Club Member
    from Carver

4 bids to who?

16. gpservices

gpservices Junior Member
    from CT

You may have saved yourself a headache. Chains like taco bell are always just looking for the cheapest of the cheap, and as we all know a good reliable insured plow company cant plow for dirt cheap. I tried bidding on a chain gas station in my area, wow they basicly control the bid with the stack of paper work they gave me, they wanted 5 different style bids from me, by inch, by trip, etc... and they said in their contract they get to choose which one they want, and every year its a different guy doing it most of which i never see plowing again, ive found the best commercial accounts are small family owned buisness where i can go in and talk to the same guy everytime that is loyal to you, granted thats if you do a good job, happy bidding :)

17. Laszlo Almasi

Laszlo Almasi Senior Member

I kinda of have to agree. I had 14 Taco Bell in Northern VA and Maryland and i had to come way off my normal fee. It was alright but not the best. This year a National came in and undercut me so I was ok with them going elsewhere. If/when they call me back...my pricing will be different. And if they don't like it..oh well.

18. Laszlo Almasi

Laszlo Almasi Senior Member

:salute::salute:
    Exactly! This is my target market right now.

19. gpservices

gpservices Junior Member
    from CT

Yeah man thats the way to go, i do a tax office, small lot, easy to plow but will always need it and pay for it, never open on weekends or past 5, and always needs salt even with a dusting, and salting is just the easiest money there is, i flip a swith on my polycaster and let it rip and a married couple with kids own it and couldnt be nicer, not to toot my own horn but i always do my best and they love me, i plow their driveway too just down the street along with one of their employees drives.

20. ceptorman

ceptorman Senior Member
    from Indy

While plowing a few weeks ago I stopped by Wendy's to get some grub. Their lot was a mess with 5 inches of snow. The manager noticed my truck and plow. He asked if I would be interested in plowing their lot. It was a huge lot for a fast food joint, probably 1.5 acres, figured it would take at least an hour. I'm thinking $100 would be an ok price. Before I could say anything, he says "I could give you your food for free, but I can't pay you"! I asked if he was kidding, he said the owner is cheap, and won't pay for snow removal on a weekend. I said I could not do that. So I took my $6 number 1 combo and left.