1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

tachometer lead goes where?

Discussion in 'Chevy Trucks' started by TX Mudder, Jul 26, 2000.

1. TX Mudder

TX Mudder Junior Member

I have a 350 (1976) with the stock HEI. I've found a good tahcometer to fit in the stock location, but I really don;t understand where to hook the tach lead to. It originally didn't come with a tach. Is there a place for it to hook to?<br>I've replaced the cap/rotor/coil before and didn't see anything that looked like ti could be a lead for a tach. Anyone?<p> -- Mike<p>BTW, I've always wondered why they don;t make an inductive tach hookup, like on my timing light. Could hook it up to one of the back wires and no one would ever see it. Super accurate!<br>
  2. MTCK

MTCK Senior Member

I put an aftermarket tach on my 83 with HEI, and it was pretty easy, just a plug in connector on the underside edge of the cap that was labeled &quot;tach&quot;. I'd call the company that made your aftermarket stuff and ask them if there's an easy way to do it.