1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

T Landscaping pictures

Discussion in 'Equipment, Tools & Vehicle Pictures' started by TLandscaping, Nov 29, 2014.

1. TLandscaping

TLandscaping Member
    from PA

place to put all my pictures

The only one i took from our first snow fall

550 plow.jpg

2. dieselboy01

dieselboy01 Senior Member

Nice lookin 6.0! F-450?

3. SnowFakers

SnowFakers Senior Member
    from CT

Believe it's a 550, I think that's what I saw over on his LS thread. Nice truck!

4. TLandscaping

TLandscaping Member
    from PA

correct its a 2006 F550

5. TLandscaping

TLandscaping Member
    from PA

My spreader in the back of the dump

spreader.jpg

6. TPCLandscaping

TPCLandscaping Senior Member

do you extensions stay on your dump box through the winter? i pull mine off to make it easier to load the sander

7. TLandscaping

TLandscaping Member
    from PA

usually yea i would but since it wasnt a huge storm and we still have leaves and such to do i just kept them on for this storm.

im replacing the metal ones with just some regular wood ones in the spring when we do the dump body

8. TPCLandscaping

why the switch to wood? I had wood and put mesh sides on mine..real easy to pull on and off, i can haul a lot of material, but keeps me from overloading with stone/dirt

9. TLandscaping

TLandscaping Member
    from PA

the ones on there came with the truck and weight alot. Wood i can be alot more versatile if i need to mount something to the truck without having to weld My biggest gripe though is rust, dont really have to worry about it with wood, and if one of my guys hits the sideboard wood is easy to replace to fairly cheap metal will cost me more.

My plan is 2 2x12's on each side with a riser in the back on each side

10. EcoNY

EcoNY Junior Member
    from NY

Nice truck! How's it running? I plow for Curti's I used that truck for a few hours during a storm last winter that 6.0 is a beast! Good luck with it!

11. TLandscaping

TLandscaping Member
    from PA

trucks runs awesome, only things we have had to replace was the oil pan 2 marker lights and the reverse lights but thats been it. It hauled mulch and debris all summer. I think we put about 8k miles on it this year. We are replacing the dump bed in the spring with an aluminum one. When i bought it it need a little work done but i just didnt have the time and put it right to use got a little worse over the year so im just gonna replace it when i paint the truck

12. 94gt331

94gt331 Senior Member
    from usa

Hey T, you getting any snow? We are still waiting for a plowable event here in central pa, doesn't look like any snow in the next week ore two:(. We did have a few salting events, I sent one of my guys out tonight to do some salting, we are having alittle freezing rain right now. Whats your plow route like?

13. TLandscaping

TLandscaping Member
    from PA

we plowed 1 event depending on where you were around us it was either a few inches or mostly slush. I think weve salted 3 times. For the first time im fine with no snow till after the new year since im going to Punta Cana the 26th to the 31st. my guys have it covered anyway.

As far as the routes go, i do 8 office buildings and a restaurant 1 guys owns 5 office buildings they other guy 3 and the restaurant. There all within 5 miles of each other and about 7 minutes from my shop. I honestly had no intentions of doing my own snow this year but the guy called with the 5 buildings first and it was to good of an opportunity to pass up, we cut them in the summer. So ive got a skid and truck down there. i want to add a F250 down there and a Deere terrain cut with all the snow attachments. i picked up the other 4 from a dads friend after his guy never showed up to salt after 7 calls

I also do sub work for another company doing a HOA for them. I worked for them last year and loved it, they were somewhere around 37 in snow revenue last year. Ive got a truck and skid up there, we get insane hours working for them, even when not making a full rate working like for your self, the amount of hours makes up for it. There all really nice people up there and really taught me alot about snow work. Even if i dont have enough winter work for my trucks and equipment i can just sub for them if need be. I honestly think ill send a truck up to them next winter too.

Last edited: Dec 22, 2014
  14. TLandscaping

TLandscaping Member
    from PA

mad scramble to get stuff ready getting 1"-2" tomorrow well see if we plow or just salt

Been a boring winter as far as snow goes here

550 winter.jpg

550 winter 2.jpg

15. TLandscaping

TLandscaping Member
    from PA

2 from this year no much going on just a lot of salting

10947310_10153013679856678_4164772887983924820_n.jpg

10443605_10153013679786678_5783967882891214624_n.jpg

16. TPCLandscaping

Here too...gone through 2 skids of bag salt and 12 yards of mix bulk for 6 not very big accounts

17. CityGuy

CityGuy PlowSite Fanatic

Nice looking truck.

How do you like the snowdogg spreader?

18. TLandscaping

TLandscaping Member
    from PA

its pretty nice overall first day we had it 2 minutes into use the controller went bad. apparently it was a big problem with their spreaders this year, i got a new one from the dealer and have not had a problem since.

They only other thing i don't like is it spreads heavier to the drivers side which you just have to compensate for. Ive heard of people modifying the deflector to make it spread more even.

Overall i like it i would buy another.

19. TLandscaping

TLandscaping Member
    from PA

getting ready for the snow were suppose to get over the next 2 days in PA

10924715_10153020526896678_5092112696067124384_n.jpg

20. TLandscaping

TLandscaping Member
    from PA

from a blizzard to an inch at best only plow 2 lots at 1 place that aren't used at all so we didn't salt them just plowed once the flurries stopped put down a lot of salt

10424306_10153024494506678_8553368877674542521_n.jpg

10012987_10153024494556678_553250924839221564_n.jpg