1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

t handle controller question about cable retainer

Discussion in 'Western Plows Discussion' started by 1989burb, Oct 9, 2009.

1. 1989burb

1989burb Junior Member
    from wi

I was trying to straighten out a bent cable when it snapped. I ordered a new one and decided to take the old one out. I took the retaining clip off on the controller side and now cant find it, I think i lost it. Where can i get new ones? or will my new cable come with one?
  2. wild bill

wild bill PlowSite.com Addict

i think you are out of luck ,as they haven't made that control since about the mid to late 70's .only hope is that some body has a stock pile of old part's or a spare control .it was a good unit made under license by Morse controls but western wont let be manufactured any more .
    a lot of guy's liked them .i guess they liked the black joy stick better ,it was easer to take apart but i think it sucked .payup
  3. 1989burb

1989burb Junior Member
    from wi

does anyone here have one i could buy? or any place i could try and contact?
  4. plowguy716

plowguy716 Junior Member

Try these guys www.plowpartsdirect.com I've contact them before with old control parts and they were very helpful but the most important... they had the part for my 30 years old western control.