1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

T-frame stops xv2

Discussion in 'Fisher Engineering Discussion' started by ChevKid03, Oct 14, 2013.

1. ChevKid03

ChevKid03 Senior Member

Just finished installing and assembling my Xv2. Couple quick questions on the t-frame stops... Are they really necessary to have? Don't seem to me the blade can push up and stack that height with them on... Also, my lift ram won't retract all the way when in float mode. I've adjusted the chain per instructions and still...when I have controller in "float" mode the blade will be on the ground but lift ram will still have about 2-3" of cylinder showing.... If I get out I can push it down no problem just seems to me that it has air or something in there... I've topped off fluid with wings in retract position and lift ram fully closed etc. not a HUGE deal but would like to attempt to figure it out if at all possible. Thanks for any input Gents.

Todd

2. durafish

durafish PlowSite.com Addict
    from 02919

Don't know about the stops, but you need to install the spring cable that pulls the triangle down.

3. 2006Sierra1500

2006Sierra1500 PlowSite.com Addict

The lift arm won't come all the way down in float unless theres something pulling it down. On all my MM2s, theres always 2 or 3 inches of extra cylinder.

4. johnc2

johnc2 Junior Member
    from RI

I have the same question about the t-frame stops on the XV on my 11 F350. My stops are the long ones and are a pain since the plow doesn't raise high enough for stacking and it scrapes the pavement when I turn into most driveways. I know they make shorter ones, but can I just run it with no stops? Seems like the only problem would be the hoses may kink.

5. ChevKid03

ChevKid03 Senior Member

The spring is installed to pull the triangle down. As far as the stops are concerned.... I may just install the smaller ones that came with the setup. I'm not sure if you will get any more "lift" without them when your driving into driveways as you say...the lift cylinder will only lift the plow so high even without them on.

6. oldmankent

oldmankent PlowSite.com Addict

I would run stops. Better safe than sorry. I ended up making up my own stops. With my plow, if it comes up too much it looks like it will take out the pump housing.

7. brad96z28

brad96z28 PlowSite.com Addict

Yes but when you stack the stack pushes up the plow higher then the piston could ever could . and in certain scoop and v positions that's how the pump covers get broken you will see. Need at least the short ones.

8. ChevKid03

ChevKid03 Senior Member

Thanks Brad.... I will leave the short ones on it to be safe.

9. jmac5058

jmac5058 Senior Member

Brad is totaly correct , in certain positions (Vee to scoop ) you will hit the motor with the added stress of stacking .So checking to see if you have enough clearance with the plow up without the added stress of stacking ( like dry in your driveway )will not give you an accurate idea of clearance. That being said I cut my small stops even smaller to max out stacking height.

10. Arc Burn

Arc Burn PlowSite.com Addict

X2
    Aside from the broken pump cover which is only sold as a kit I've also seen 2 cracked plow modules caused from removal of the stops.