1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

t-case clunks when i drive in 4 high on 04 hd

Discussion in 'Chevy Trucks' started by grosser397, Oct 12, 2009.

1. grosser397

grosser397 Senior Member

Hey i got a 04 2500hd with the 6.0 and eletronic four wheel drive and i went to put my four high in this weekend on the icy road and when i gas the drunk i bang bang bangs i have been having problems with my rear seal going out. im tempted to put a new t-case in.

2. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

Anybody check the fluid level in it lately? Or was it ever run low on lubricant? They die fast if so and the clunking is the early warning sign.

3. NICHOLS LANDSCA

NICHOLS LANDSCA PlowSite Veteran

Are you sure it's the seal leaking? Or do you have a case of pump rub?

4. grosser397

grosser397 Senior Member

ya im guessing it ran out fluid. it blew out 200miles on my way home cause there was oil all over my trailer and skiddy i was pulling. been sitting at home now tell i figure it out. whats a rebuild case cost?

5. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

A reman unit runs around $1300-$1400 with a rebuild-able core. Used units from a salvage yard about half that.

6. bike5200

bike5200 Senior Member
    from Ky

A contractor I work for, just destroyed a transfer case no oil, he had one in his shop a Sunday swap.