1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

T-bars

Discussion in 'Chevy Trucks' started by JDWalkbehind, May 13, 2009.

1. JDWalkbehind

JDWalkbehind Senior Member

Ok my friend just got a 93? i think. 1500 reg cab long bed with a 7.5western an the front sags a ton. he wanted/needs something to raise the front, all the chevy people here talk about t-bars i don't really know anything about them so heres a few questions would his truck already have T-bars on it? Are they just shocks that are adjustable? Ok lets start with that any help would be great like i said i don't know anything about them. thanks in advance

2. wild bill

wild bill PlowSite.com Addict

3. mcwlandscaping

mcwlandscaping 2000 Club Member

Or if he is planning on keeping the truck for awhile and it is going to be a real work truck then you can buy a set of higher load range T-bars to replace the more than likely worn out ones that are in there now.

4. JDWalkbehind

JDWalkbehind Senior Member

Ok well thanks i'll have to check them out where would the adjustment for them be at if i can still be adjusted? If anyone has a pic that would help a ton.thanks again

5. 2COR517

2COR517 PlowSite Fanatic

The truck has T-bars, they support the weight of the frontend. They are independent of the shocks. If you look under the truck, they are basically a steel (spring steel) rod that runs from the lower control arm straight back to the transmission crossmember. In the crossmember is a "pork chop" that twists the T-bar to hold up the front. There is an adjustment bolt in the porkchop. You can turn it clockwise to raise the height of the truck. I believe it is an 18mm hex. Long breaker bar or impact gun. If you don't have any more adjustment left, you can put in heavier T-bars, like from a 3/4 ton, or add Timbrens. Do some searching here and you will find a ton of info.