1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

t-bars

Discussion in 'Chevy Trucks' started by k&j Landscaping, Nov 20, 2008.

1. k&j Landscaping

k&j Landscaping Senior Member

Have a 05 gmc 2500 hd with 7.5 western poly pro. Dealer put timbrens on but truck still seemed to sag. This morning I went under truck and cranked t-bars 20 1/4 turns or 5 full turns doing the math. According to measurements and what I've read I raised up front end 1". Truck holds plow better but not quite level with plow on. Am afraid to adjust any further to mess up suspension parts Bolts due have more travel and dealer said not to crank in all the way at all. Adjusting easy just raise tires off ground and use wd40 to lube good.. Any advice? Awaiting big lake effect in Cleveland tonight!

2. RichG53

RichG53 PlowSite.com Addict

Put some weight in the back of the trk...

3. k&j Landscaping

5 turns to many to mess or just right. I have been reading thart most people seem to go 4 to 6 full turns. I aslo carry around with me a Toro 2 stage for the old people who do not want a truck on their drive.

4. jdo150

jdo150 Member

Well with my 150 I turned them about 5 and loged 40,000 miles and had no problems..... and my brother raised his on his 2500 not to sure of the amount but he plowed a full season last year with the truck with no problems... and thats carrying a heavy 7.5 fisher

5. Lux Lawn

Lux Lawn PlowSite.com Addict

Time to get rid of the old people as customers.

6. Rcgm

Rcgm Senior Member

I turned mine about 5-6 turns about 2 years ago little rougher ride just a tad bit but soon as I put the plow on it drops it back down. That is on a 1500 chevy with a sno way 26 series steel blade.

Brad

7. chcav1218

chcav1218 Senior Member

I've turned mine up about 4 full turns on my Chevy 2500 (not an HD). So far its made very little difference. I need a leveling kit

8. Novadiecast

Novadiecast Senior Member

I turn mine up 8 turns for the winter months to carry by Boss V-XT. The dealer did it when it was installed and I just drop it back down in the summer. I also carry about 600 pounds behind the rear axle for ballast. Truck is in my signature.

9. My bowtie

My bowtie Senior Member

You may want to get a allinement after cranking up your tbars. Also the stock shocks are too short when you crank the tbars causing them(shocks) to fail sooner. GM and most good suspention shops have shock extenders you can add to correct the problem. This is for the NBS 07.5-08. Not sure about the 07 classic or older.

Last edited: Nov 20, 2008
  10. TLB

TLB Senior Member

Take your truck in for an alignment now that you have it where you want it,,, you just changed the camber by cranking the bars to get lift.

11. grosser397

grosser397 Senior Member

I have a 2005 chevy 2500hd with a western 8.5 pro plus and i cranked my t-bars 8.5 turns. if you have ever seen those leving keys, their just like cranking your bars up past what factory alows. you can crank them all the way in but your gonna throw off your alignment. what i found that works best is the leving torriosn keys and upper control arm kit( to correct alginment) about 700 for everything call hoose 4x4 in ham lake, MN

12. High Voltage

High Voltage Member
    from MI

I also added timben's and cranked my T-bars up 5 full turns. After that I had an alignment done.

13. Burkartsplow

Burkartsplow PlowSite Veteran

I have an 04 chevy 2500 HD. I have timbrens and cranked my bars 6 turns. had an alignment after done. I carry a 8.5 meyer poly plow which wieghs 950 ls. i have the salt spreader in back which weighs 250 and some sand bags right at the tailgate adn then another 1500 lbs of salt in the bed of the truck. Truck is level. Oh and I have 5000 lb air bags in the rear. Truck sits nice and level and drives great loaded. Front end drops and inch when I lift the plow. Used to drop reall bad for the cranks and the timbrens..good luck and I will see you around. where do you do most of your work I am in the lakewood and parma area moslty...

14. k&j Landscaping

plow and work in Parma, Fairview Park, North Olmsted, and Parma Heights. what is your company name? Probably seen you out there.

15. Riccas

Riccas Member

Turned the bars 95% before end, around 9-10 turns. Have the timbrens... my 3500 sits lower than 2500s without the plow on it, makes me sad how much the plow affects the front end.

I wouldnt worry about ruining anything been running this setup on 5 or 6 trucks.

16. pldann86

pldann86 Member
    from LI NY

17. wirenut

wirenut Senior Member
    from nh

cant we use ford keys ...