1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

System Flush

Discussion in 'Truck & Equipment Repair' started by shelb113, Feb 12, 2007.

1. shelb113

shelb113 Junior Member

I have a used plow that I put on my truck. Can someone tell me how to flush the system before I put my new pump on. Thank you Tom
  2. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

Welcome Tom:waving: How about some details, what kind of plow is it?
  3. shelb113

shelb113 Junior Member

Hi the plow is a meyers st 7.5. I was given the plow and A frame a couple of years ago when my friend was in an accident with his truck. Its in very good condition. I purchased a 86 Chevy M1028 CUCV pickup in super condition (16,000 miles) :) and I purchased all the parts to install the plow on this truck (ez classic mount). I would like to flush the angle cylinders out before I install the new E60 pump but I am not sure how to do it or what to use. Tom.
  4. LD4850

LD4850 Member

Why would you think you need to flush it?
  5. shelb113

shelb113 Junior Member

Well from some things I read dirty fuild is bad for a pump so I would like to clean the angle cylinders before I hook it up to the new pump. Tom
  6. Big Ben

Big Ben Junior Member

It is all explained on the Meyers web site under the service and suport section. if you lay the millboard on its face it the A-frame and cylinders attached. connect the hoses together. Move the A-frame to one side. which ever cyl is fully extended this is where all of the fluid is. un-hook couplers and remove the coupler frome the end of the hose of the cyl that the fluid is in. put that hose end in a bucket and cycle the A-frame to that side. the fluid that is in the cyl should shoot out into the bucket. Now I use Karosine but there are likely other products availible. Stick the end of the hose that thefluid just came out of into the karosine container and cycle to the opposite side. this will suck the karosine into the cyl. put the coupler back on and connect the hoses together and cycle back and forth to fluch they cylinders. remove the karosine the same way as the fluid and then repeat. Flush the system once more with hyrolic fluid to remove any karosine left in the system. Now suck up some good snow plow fluid, install coupler and you are good to go.

Sorry for any spelling or grammer errors. I'm not a good typer.

hope this helps Ben
  7. shelb113

shelb113 Junior Member

Ben, Thank you for the info. Tom