1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Syracuse NY area snow plowing 2012

Discussion in 'Storm Pictures' started by SharpBlades, Jan 4, 2012.

1. SharpBlades

SharpBlades Senior Member

Well the lake effect storm that was supposed to be an 18" storm was a total flop... ie: only about 8" total, but my guys and I did get out to plow so I really can't complain too much.

Here are some pictures and a terrible video (I don't know how anyone gets non shaky plowing vids)

Its hard to tell from the photo, but the second oune is my "crazy curved driveway" If I were to slide off the right side towards the top, I would most likely roll the truck

Last edited: Jan 4, 2012
  2. smokejmpr

smokejmpr Inactive

What is that on the ground. It has been so long i almost forgot what it looked like.
  3. dmax08

dmax08 Senior Member

Ya I am 35min east of cuse up on the lake shore. We only had about 6 inchs. Did do some plowing but yes was a flop for sure.
  4. SharpBlades

Nice... Im actually north of Syr... in Cicero. I was ticked at the weatherguessers 2-3 that evening, 8-10 expected over night with another 3-5 the next day... what did we get? a lousy 8 $%*@#^$ inches!!! lol
  5. smokejmpr

smokejmpr Inactive

The best job ever as a weather man never right but never wrong. But still have a job the next day.
  6. DareDog

DareDog PlowSite.com Addict

we got 3" here 30 miles east, they called for 9".
  7. Dan85

Dan85 Senior Member

Well that's better than what we got out in Buffalo. We only got a trace to an inch at some of our locations. I had to settle for shoveling the sidewalk while making vroom vroom noises!
  8. hikeradk

hikeradk Senior Member

Only a couple inches in Watertown. Hardly worth the effort of putting the plow blade on.
  9. Snowzilla

Snowzilla Senior Member
    from Iowa

Thanks for pics. I'll take anything to look at. Not a snowflake to be seen in Iowa.
  10. Morrissey snow removal

Morrissey snow removal PlowSite.com Addict

i wish we had some snow
  11. 7_below

7_below Senior Member

Nothing like the news hyping everyone up for a big storm. Onondaga hill to Camillus only got 5-7". We were expecting up to a foot. Kinda lame storm.
    Looks like no snow for the next week also. Bummer.
  12. comeeonn

comeeonn Senior Member

must be nice to get snow, im in clarence, north of buffalo. we got less than 1 inch from that storm. the southren tier got 10-15 and east of here (you) got some, but of coarse, NOTHING here.:realmad::realmad:
  13. treeman06

treeman06 Senior Member

What I would do for even 2 inches of snow.
  14. MatthewG

MatthewG PlowSite.com Addict

How much does Tug Hill have???
  15. SharpBlades

I believe that I heard they have around 2 feet up in Lewis county
  16. doyles

doyles Member

dont worry everybodey that lives in syracuse knows we will get hit hard when we least expect it

IPLOWSNO PlowSite.com Addict

i was in dewitt plowing err, i mean scraping pavement, how fricken boring, i plowed my lots 6 times for a total of 9 hours, i would sit in the loader and let another '' fall and go back and scrape that up, all the other crews in the area started at their normal time,

i was up at 6 am the daybefore so i was pretty sleepy when it started again at 8 am and the lots were filling up.

heres the part that pissed me off i left snow falling to go to a place where it wasn't then at 6 they closed our schools. got to love cny

i have more time on my atv doing mine and my neighbors than i do in my loader,on the plus side when i leave work i tell them i am going home to plow real snow hahahaha
  18. DareDog

DareDog PlowSite.com Addict

maybe foot in some places its fluffy snow to.
  19. SharpBlades

IPLOWSNO- I'm going to take wild guess and say that you work for pro-scapes?
  20. 93redneck150

93redneck150 Member

i know the feeling... watched weather all night, got up at 1:45, nothing fresh, got up at 3:30 had about 6+ inches in Jordan, ran around like a mad man to get stuff done, went to Skaneatles, they had nothing, ran to the city and only bout 2" on the ground... really would like a repeat of last winter...