1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Symbiot

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by Ali Anderson, Jul 15, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ali Anderson

Ali Anderson Junior Member

Hi. I'm the press contact for Symbiot. I've noticed some threads recently expressing concerns about Symbiot, so I thought I'd hop on and offer some information for the group.
    First, we DO have a new CEO – Mike Edwards, recently of Intel. He brings some deep-rooted experience to the table and is a great fit for Symbiot. Bruce Wilson and Steve Glover are still on board, acting as a member and chairman of the Board of Directors, respectively. All of this has been part of a planned transition.
    Also, there seem to be some concerns regarding payment to service providers. I can confirm that Symbiot has secured additional funding and will continue to pay vendors until all accounts are brought current – by the end of the year.
    Let me know if you have any specific questions, and I'll do what I can to answer them. Have a great weekend!
    Ali

2. PSDF350

PSDF350 Senior Member

sorry but if they were already supposed to be paid off why on earth would anyone else want to take the chance that come next year there waiting for maybe 75% of there money in 3 installments.

3. plowed

plowed Senior Member

Dave, you couldn't be more dead on. What contractor would set themselves up for the impending failure?

And, at this point Ms. Anderson, who is foolish enough to just keep pumping money into your failing model? You have thoroughly proven that your business model does not work!!!!!

Uggghhh. Just when I thought Lucy was finally going to let me kick the footbal, she pulled it away once again!!!! :realmad: :realmad: :realmad:

4. plowed

plowed Senior Member

Here's some cheap advice...forget the guy from Intel, and your planned transitions. Take all the money you're paying these people and how about paying the people who actually have done the work! The contractors that you continue to screw with! This is insane. I can't believe that we're still dealing with this issue going on 2 years now. PAY UP!

5. repo_man62

repo_man62 Senior Member

Wonder if THEY have any veh. that need some "Attention"? :gunsfiring:

6. plowed

plowed Senior Member

From SYmbiot's Website

From Symbiot's website...Our Mission Statement
    “Symbiot is committed to improve the efficiency and profitability of our premier service providers by creating and disseminating innovative, high quality and cost-effective business solutions and programs. Symbiot will serve as a trustworthy and efficient facilitator between our premier service providers and the property service industry.”

Does anyone at Symbiot stand by their Mission Statement? How about committing to paying your contractors.

7. SkykingHD

SkykingHD Senior Member

Another promise

Hiring a new head of company costs money. Money that could go to pay the people that are owed from over a year ago. More damage control. To put if very simply "show me the money". Talk is cheap!

"If you put lipstick on a pig you still have a pig"

The big "area management company's" have not come to our area yet but a few contractors have tried to follow the area management theory. This is causing problems in our area. Small snow plow contractors go unpaid, with little or no ability to get paid. The price of snow removal goes down because of this flawed "area management theory".

I again say I am glad there is a form on the web to tell of the scams in the snow removal business. This form has changed my view on who to work for. I do thank all the people who have contributed.

8. PSDF350

PSDF350 Senior Member

where did ms Ali Anderson go? guess she thought it would be easy to come in here and get more suckers. but found everyone not so gullible. which speaks volumes in my book. so i guess she decided to sell this snake oil elsewhere.

9. SkykingHD

SkykingHD Senior Member

where did she go !!!

Maybe she is buying more lipstick !

But we are too smart... now matter how they dress.. we see through them. The walk and talk are all the same.

10. Fastcar

Fastcar Member
    from MA

Great a new spin doctor. You noticed a few threads "expressing concerns about Symbiot" Please, don't insult us, you know damn well what the issue is. Don't come here with a pr post about new appointments and about how deep rooted experience the new ceo has. Read it will take more time for him to get up to speed and still longer to get paid. You go on to say "if you have any specific questions...."
    Why are you not paying ??????????????

I don't have a dog in this hunt, and I'm truly sorry for the folks that were out at 300AM doing the right thing and then got screwed. Believe me the story of this company is nationwide in the industry. Hopefully through the info in these threads the sob's will not be able to pull off another scam.

Roy

11. Mark Oomkes

Mark Oomkes PlowSite Fanatic

Guys, I got to thinking about this. This new CEO or whatever should really make a difference. :rolleyes: Take a look, he worked for Intel--a product supplier, more or less a commodity on which prices can go up and down--costs of the product are not static. Now he's going to work for a company that provides a service in which many prices are static--labor, fuel, etc. Not to mention services are priced differently according to the customers' needs. A computer chip needs to be faster than the previous one, that's basically it. Then we can get into the apparent fact that he has ZERO experience in the landscaping and snow\ice management industries, and this will be interesting to watch.

I foresee not a single change occurring at Symbiot. They will lower prices to get market share, lose their butts and then screw the people performing their work. JMO

Gee, that sounds familiar, where have I heard that business concept before?

PS Anybody wonder how many contractors could be paid with a press contact's salary?

12. repo_man62

repo_man62 Senior Member

I'm wondering(glad I wasn't involved in all this crap)..Why haven't people got together like they did against ENRON..And contact the media(ALL) and sue these bastards? SOMEBODY has to be held accountable! :gunsfiring:

13. Mark Oomkes

Mark Oomkes PlowSite Fanatic

One more question. I know I'm just a lowly business owner that doesn't know squat, but hasn't somebody at Symbiot figured out that if they just paid their freakin' bills like they said they would, even if it means taking out a loan, that most of this BS would go away? How stupid can they be? If I was in their shoes I'd fly out to John with cash plus interest and pay him in person every dime he is owed.

Thankfully he is still willing to warn contractor's about their lack of ethics, but wouldn't you at least try?

14. plowman777

plowman777 Senior Member

just sue them..and if there are a bunch of people..that makes a class action

15. clive

clive Junior Member
    from Rockies

How much are you guys owed? Does it make sense to sue? :confused:

16. SkykingHD

SkykingHD Senior Member

what good is a judgement ?

Clive,
    With the 2 corporation deep set up, it does no good to get a judgment. When the company you have signed the agreement with is not the company that has any assets you have nothing. The only people who get rich are the attorneys. Yes you can get a judgment but with the legal moves made by separating companies from the parent company, there is no money for anyone but the area management company.

This is what is so bad about this whole thing. You think you have some recourse but you find out this was set up so you have no recourse. Many more are following in the foot steps of SMG JAA. This is no good for the industry.

I hope you are just new to the form. If you are new listen up as this can save you a lot of money and aggravation.

Dave

17. clive

clive Junior Member
    from Rockies

I'm new to the forum and have worked with a snow/sweep company for a year now. They are affiliated with Symbiot and our sales person heard there was some discussion going on here - so I decided to investigate to know more. I used to have my own business.

Creating a lawsuit is rarely a good idea. I'm just wondering how much people are owed - I know there are small operators and large ones like us. A thousand dollars owed to us doesn't effect us like some out there - I feel for you.

It sucks that we have to wait this long for payment, and from what I've heard Symbiot inherited a mess of debt with SMG. Anyone know the full story of SMG selling out to Symbiot? :confused:

18. PSDF350

PSDF350 Senior Member

Clive that 1,000 bucks may not bother your company but how would it bother you if they said hey we cant give you the thousand we owe you becuase we haven't been paid by smg/symbiot. or in the case of others 100,000 or more is owed from over 2 years ago. but this is the plain we will pay you 75% over 3 payment. but then third payment dont come. think and work for who you will but the rest of us who have heard the horror stories never will. I personally have no direct involvement with any of this just from what i have heard over the last year or so.

19. clive

clive Junior Member
    from Rockies

Whoa . . .

I'm not defending Symbiot - I'm just collecting the facts and reading what's been posted and interacting with you all. If you read my post, it says that "I feel for you" and that not getting paid "sucks." I know that a thousand dollars is a lot for some smaller businesses.

I've also heard the horror stories of SMG, and that's why I was wondering what the deal is with Symbiot. Did they inherit all of SMG's problems and debts? Is there new management or is SMG management still running things? As far as I know - there is no more SMG.

20. PSDF350

PSDF350 Senior Member

yes with the buyout the deal was to pay 75% of what was owed in 3 installements. but third installment seems stalled and everyone will be paid at end of year. which really means they will use money made this years season to pay but then next year guys that are supposed to be paid wont be because they already spent the money. do a search on SMG or symbiot you will find lots of reading. ONE GIANT SCAM

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.