1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Swivel Problem

Discussion in 'Boss Plows Discussion' started by Sierrabarry, Nov 19, 2007.

1. Sierrabarry

Sierrabarry Junior Member

I’m having trouble with my 8’ strait blade. When the plow sits for any amount of time the blade doesn’t swivel to the left or right until I make several attempts. When I brought the plow out of storage last week I was attempting to swivel and the plow started raising at the same time! Is it possible that the plow is rusting while it is sitting or is it hydraulic? The pump is trying to swivel the plow and I have never had any problems with the plow raising or lowing. Thanks in advance.

2. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

Sounds like the angle valve is sticking.. but I'd check to be sure that there's power and ground at the angle coils first.

Use a test light to check both the S1 and S2 coils on the angle valve for power while a helper angle's the plow. (BE VERY CAREFUL OF BLADE MOVEMENT!)
    Check the S1 while the control is held in the angle left function (this is the outer coil)
    Check the S2 while the control is held in the angle right function. (this is the inner coil, closest to the manifold)
    Check the ground wire on each coil also...

If the coils check out good, then replace the angle valve.