1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

switching trucks!

Discussion in 'Western Plows Discussion' started by milldogg22, Oct 31, 2009.

1. milldogg22

milldogg22 Junior Member

alright i have a problem and wonder if anyone can give me some direction. we are talking a western plow off our 90' chevy k1500 and installing it on our 99' k2500. we bought the new western unimount for the truck. but the wiring harness is a issue. can we use the harness from the 90' chevy to make it work with the 99'? i priced the 63392 harness and its like 250 bucks. is there any way to retro fit the old harness in this truck? would like any input, thanks!

2. Western1

Western1 Senior Member
    from MI.

No there isn't. I guess if your a electrical guru you could but the 99 requires 6 relays as opposed to the two on your old truck.

3. milldogg22

milldogg22 Junior Member

yea i see that the old harness has 2 relays. thanks for the info, i think i may just get a connector that i can plug into one of the head light wires and unplug the other head light and use that to control the relay for the plow lights. that way i can still use the headlight switch in the truck. when plow is off just plug back in the headlight connectors and have truck headlights again. thats the only simple way i can see doing it.

4. KingDuramax

KingDuramax Senior Member

Try and find a used harness.