1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

switching trucks

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself to the Community' started by smidge, Aug 15, 2007.

1. smidge

smidge Junior Member
    from vermont

i currently have a 96 blazer with a 7.5' fisher plow and a 95 f250 with an 8' fisher plow. neither one of the trucks is running or worth fixing. if i were to buy a used truck and wanted to switch one of the plows over to it with the least amount of cost, how can i figure out which makes and years to start looking at (besides the obvious answer which is to look for the exact same ones) thanks to anyone who can help.

2. mcwlandscaping

mcwlandscaping 2000 Club Member

Are they three or two plug electronic or are they underhood hydraulic conventional speedcast systems?

They could be:
    Conventional speedcast
    original minute mount with the quick connect hydraulic lines
    MM1 two plug
    MM1 three plug (insta-act system)

I'm just assuming they are not MM2 systems at all.

3. smidge

smidge Junior Member
    from vermont

i know one has the quick connect hydraulic, the other i will check on.

thanks.

4. J&R Landscaping

J&R Landscaping PlowSite.com Addict

I'm thinking the chevy mount would prolly adapt easier. The Ford mount for that year was good 92-97 but after that, I know they have a 99-04 and then 04+.