1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

switching trucks, keeping plow

Discussion in 'Fisher Engineering Discussion' started by oldmankent, Apr 16, 2016.

1. oldmankent

oldmankent PlowSite.com Addict

I'm going from a 2005 F350 gas with a XV1. I have fish stick and 3 port module under the hood. It is a 2 plug setup.

I'm going to a 2016 F350 gas. I know I need new push plates (7183-1) and headlight harnesses (29049). After that I am a little hazy. I have estimates from 2 shops to switch over my wiring. What I want to do is be able to run my old plow, upgrade to a new XV2 if needed, and be able to run a newer 2 plug straight blade. Can someone tell me what I'll need other than the light harnesses and push plates? Thanks.

2. kimber750

kimber750 PlowSite Veteran

Only other thing you may need is a soft start module. You already have fleet flex wiring, so it will work with all the newer 2 plug Fisher plows.

3. Whiffyspark

Whiffyspark 2000 Club Member
    from SOMD

Are you sure it's not the old 2 plug style? Idk if xv1 came in fleet flex

4. kimber750

kimber750 PlowSite Veteran

ezv never came with fleet flex. All the XV plows are fleet flex.

5. 1olddogtwo

1olddogtwo PlowSite Fanatic

I believe 07 was the beginning of Multiplex or fleet flex as the call it now

6. oldmankent

So I decided to pull the wiring out of my old truck because of time constraints and getting to vehicles to dealer. Seems pretty straight forward... but question: If I remove the headlight harnesses am I going to be without headlights in the truck. Was looking at wiring and it seems like the plugs to the back of the lights need to come off. I might be mistaken as I haven't really dug into it yet. Thanks, Nick.

7. 1olddogtwo

The factory plugs should still be there. The plow harness plugs into them, then other side of plow harness plugs into headlights.

Just unplug plow and plug factory back to headlight.

8. 1olddogtwo

Trying to remember, you may have to loosen bumper, let it drop down to get to bottom bolt on headlight. Pulling grill too. Remove blots along top and look straight down. 5 pressure clips, long screwwdriver, push down and pull grill outward at bottom.

9. oldmankent

Yeah, I've taken grill off before. Nothing like tackling it at 9 at night with a halogen. At least their aren't any mosquitos yet. Oh, and the only damn socket I can't find is the 7/32" for the grill screws.

10. oldmankent

Everything out, but there are two wires on the lighting harnesses that seem to go to the parking/running lights. No 7/32 socket so couldn't take the damn headlights out. I think the wiring to those lights has been f'ed with. We'll see when I get the headlights out

11. 1olddogtwo

8 MM I think.

Two to one headlight and one to other.

Turn and parking wires

Last edited: Apr 21, 2016
  12. CARDOCTOR

CARDOCTOR PlowSite.com Addict

7/32 fords been using metric for ever could be 8mm which is pretty close to 5/16 or the new popular size 7mm

13. oldmankent

I'll check again. I tried metric sockets and they didn't work. 1/4" too big, 3/16" too small. I'm missing my 7/32". They are really f'ing tiny heads. need a socket to get inbetween bumper and light housing.

14. Whiffyspark

Whiffyspark 2000 Club Member
    from SOMD

Might be 6.5. That's usually gm though. 7 and 8 is on Ford. 5/16 is same as 8

15. oldmankent

7/32 too big. Went by my mechanics. He lent me the 5.5 mm socket I needed. WTF Ford!

16. NHresident

NHresident Senior Member

just a heads up --IF-- ur 05 f250 wasn't a bare bones work trk with 2b/2d headlights and it had the h13 U don't need to buy anything wiring/module wise ALL the 05 stuff should fit Only thing u need like u said is the push plates and COINCIDENTLY I have a real nice used set of 7183-1 push plates for sale IF u want to PM me if ur interested

17. oldmankent

You're right. They were able to reuse the headlight harnesses. And i've got brand spanking push plates. Thanks anyway. NIck.