1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Switching to rubber cutting edge

Discussion in 'Western Plows Discussion' started by Gordieg67, Mar 27, 2010.

1. Gordieg67

Gordieg67 Junior Member

Hi Everyone,
    I am considering switching to rubber cutting edge to minimize the lawn damage. Some of the lawn damage I have been repairing this spring from my drivers is like they did it on purpose. I was wondering if any one else has made this change and if they are happy with the rubber cutting edge. I have a western 8 foot ultra mount pro on all my trucks.

2. NCat496

NCat496 Senior Member

I run ruber cutting edges on all of my plows except my Western MVP. To get a good one they are costly. They run $300-$450 depending on what ones I buy. Im going to tell you they will not eliminate lawn damage and the money you spend on them is probably going to be more than you will pay to fix lawns. Also if you have picky customers they will not like the edge and they will notice a difference because they cannot backdrag for anything, they just ride over the snow. You also have to adjust the edges as they wear and it can be a pain in the butt. Any more questions just ask, I have a lot of expierence in these edges.
  3. Gordieg67

Gordieg67 Junior Member

Rubber Cutting Edge

Have you seen a reduction in the amount of lawn damage since you switched. How well does it clean the driveways ?