1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Switching to an electric over hydraulic pump?

Discussion in 'Fisher Engineering Discussion' started by JeffNY, Jan 2, 2009.

1. JeffNY

JeffNY Senior Member

I need help plowing, friend has an older Fisher plow that he's trying to get on his 96 ram, I didn't understand anything he was talking about, but he said he wants to switch it over to a electric over hydraulic pump, with switches. Thats what he said he needs.
    Would this be a big expense, anyone have one used they wanna get rid of?
    Told him he's prob screwed trying to get any plow parts now, esp at a reasonable price.

Anyone point me in the right direction of what the hell he's looking for?

Thanks

2. RepoMan207

RepoMan207 PlowSite Fanatic
    from Maine

He has a MM plow that runs off truck Hydraulics, and wants to convert to ISO Module truck side and put a pump an motor on plow itself? Ask him if this is what he means.

3. Crash935

Crash935 2000 Club Member

Sounds like he is putting a old speedcaster on the truck with the hyd pump running off the motor. It is do able, new is about $1400. Used pumps are out there. he will need to measure the lenght of his current lift cylinder, fisher had to different electric pumps (SHEP), one will a longer lift cylinder, just needs to get the right one. If he needs the shorter lift cylinder a western pump will also work then. A old main harness and a little cut and splice of the harness to make it reach the pump and a controller and hes pretty much good to go.