1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

switching to a v, what all has to change?

Discussion in 'Western Plows Discussion' started by show-n-go, Dec 28, 2012.

1. show-n-go

show-n-go Senior Member

i have a 3 plug straight plow on my truck, i am looking to purchase a vplow. What wiring will ineed to change in order for this to work? I know i need the hand held control but i was curious if i need the iso box and do i need to change any of the headlight wiring or ect??

2. m_ice

m_ice Junior Member

wiring and controller would need to be changed
    Im not sure on the isolation module but Id be suprised if they are the same
  3. mishnick

mishnick 2000 Club Member

If this is a new MVP Plus it will be a two plug multiplex system. If it's a used old style three plug MVP it will only require a control harness and controller. Iso module, relay and the other cables are all usable. But if you are installing an MVP plus you will need a new vehicle side battery cable (without relay) as well as a control cable and controller. You can leave the old cables in and rig it up to run both styles of plow. But don't worry about the isolation module or headlight harness, they will work fine for both systems.
  4. show-n-go

show-n-go Senior Member

Great news. Thank you guys.
    It's a 3 plug system I'm looking at.