1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Switching plow from 07 2500HD to 10 F250

Discussion in 'Western Plows Discussion' started by metrolawncare, Jul 25, 2010.

1. metrolawncare

metrolawncare Junior Member
    from Midwest

I just bought a new 2010 F250 and want to switch the plow from my old 07 2500HD NBS. I realize that I'll have to buy a new mount but I can't figure out the electrical side of it. The current isolation module I have is a 4 port (pn 26400). Westen's quickmatch says I need a 3 port for the new truck. Does anybody know if I could make the other one work?
  2. Neil64

Neil64 Member

I had my Western installed on my 2010 F250 Friday. You'll need the main harness, a 29049 headlight kit, 29070-1 3 port ISO module and a 31269 mount. I had a bunch of stuff off of an 06 F250 that I could not reuse and now I will post it on Craig's List.

I was told by more than 1 dealer that the 3 port ISO module is needed on the new Fords because the computer senses voltage fluctuations and the 4 port can cause flicker.

Good luck.
  3. Western1

Western1 Senior Member
    from MI.

Don't always believe what they tell you. I would try it first. Have had some friends with success. None that have tried it on a 2010 yet. They did it on a 2008 and 2009 when Western said the same thing.

FSUPERDUTY Senior Member

I did the same switch except an 09 GMC to a 2010 Ford F250. On my mvp all I needed was a new headlight harnes which I I had from my 06 ford and a 2010 mount which is the same from 08 to 10. Go on western's site and look up both truck to see what is compatable. Btw my plow was also on a 06 Superduty prior to the GMC
    Last edited: Aug 8, 2010
  5. 06FX4Blizzard

06FX4Blizzard Member
    from NE ohio

i just took all the electronics from my 06 ford and they where the same for my 2011 ford.
  6. Western1

Western1 Senior Member
    from MI.

Western just wants to sell you more!
  7. snowplowpro

snowplowpro Senior Member
    from NJ

wondering why your switching from a chevy to ford

best switch you could ever do:laughing::laughing::laughing: