1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Switching plow components to new truck

Discussion in 'Fisher Engineering Discussion' started by lbmd1, Dec 6, 2011.

1. lbmd1

lbmd1 PlowSite.com Veteran

Hey Guys,
    I've got a 8' hd MM2 plow setup currently on a 2003 GMC 2500HD. Just bought a 2011 chevy 2500 hd silverado and want to put new push plates on and use the blade from the old truck im trading in. Fisher dealer wants about a $1000 to put new push plates on with labor and $1000 to do the wiring (new truck has snowplow prep). I understand the push plate cost and labor but dont understand the cost of wiring if the new truck has snow plow prep. Any one have any ideas to cost? Thanks!

Mike

2. chevyzrule810

chevyzrule810 PlowSite.com Addict

The truck has the following as the snow plow prep.Upgraded T-bars (dependent on cab configuration),145 amp alternator, provisions for a roof mounted light beacon (dash switch and related wiring leads)
    upgraded cooling fan clutch.The labor they are quoting you on is to do the whole wiring for the truck,isolation module,light harness,motor relay and controller.Where are you located?

3. 4d9

4d9 Junior Member
    from 49329

snow plow prep has nothing to do with the proper wires for your plow. it is basically a higher outpoy alternator and maybe a second battery location and a junction box near the main battery to hook the power to the battery. the plow manufacturer still needs to hook into the light systen and so on

4. lbmd1

lbmd1 PlowSite.com Veteran

Im over on the seacoast of NH. Just thought the price for labor at $1000 is high for wiring. Is there any of the those wiring parts\modules on my 2003 gmc hd that can be taken out before i send it to the dealer as my trade?

5. chevyzrule810

yeah take everything out whatever won't fit on the new truck sell on craigslist

6. chevyzrule810

pushplates could bring $300 alone if you sanded them down primed and painted wiring $400 so remove everything as it isn't going to help with the trade in value unless you trade the plow in with the truck

7. Are you getting that quote from Langs in Rye?? Take everything out of your truck including the wiring harnesses, the iso mod, solenoid, all of it. You should be able to use most of it on the new truck. Is it a 3 port or 4 port iso? If its a Chevy it should be a 4 port. You might only need to get the headlight harness for the '11. The pushplates are probably $500-$600 so $400 to put them on is ridiculous. If you aren't going to take the wiring out of your existing truck then $1000 sounds right for all new harnesses, solenoid, iso mod and installation.