1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

switching moldboards

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by killed300ex, Apr 22, 2005.

1. killed300ex

killed300ex Senior Member

just wondering if it can be done on my fisher plow i have a 7 1/2 foot blade on a dodge ram 2500 it just doesnt seem big enough. I was wondering if i could switch to a 8 or 8 1/2 foot moldboard? I know someone who has one in their yard just sitting there said they would give it to me real cheap. The hydralics are shot from sitting so long but no really bad rust on the plow itself. I was wondering if the rams would have enough power to lift and angle my plow or if i would have to replace those to also if all my holes would line up. Any imput would be great thanks
    Evan

2. MickiRig1

MickiRig1 PlowSite Veteran

I would think it would work. Meyer uses the same pumps on different size plows. I would think Fisher's the same way. Could take a bit longer to angle and lift then the smaller plow. Probably not that big a weight increase either.
    The plow should have the same full size spread on the mount.

3. killed300ex

thanks thats what i was looking for I think i might go try to pick it up try to get it to work.
    Evan

4. rtm038

rtm038 Senior Member
    from NJ

What year/model blade do you have? (i.e. conventional mount, MM1 w/ L-series moldboard, MM1 w/ M-series moldboard, MM2 w/ M-series moldboard, etc.)

5. killed300ex

i have the mm1 with l series i beleive and i think that the one my neighbor has is a conventional mount. Stoped and looked at it today looked like it might work but didnt have any measurments to compare to.
    Evan

6. rtm038

rtm038 Senior Member
    from NJ

There may be some differences between the 2 set-ups as far as A-frames go. You probably will not be able to use the blade/A-frame from the conventional mount with your MM1 headgear. However, you may be able to bolt on the conventional style moldboard to your MM1 A-frame. Call 411 and get Fisher's number (not their 800 number). When the operator answers, ask for their Tech. Dept. I called them one time and they were very nice and real helpful.

Ryan