1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Switching from Straight Unimount to MVP Unimount... Any wiring changes???

Discussion in 'Western Plows Discussion' started by JC1390, Sep 8, 2012.

1. JC1390

JC1390 Junior Member

Ok guys looking for some knowledge...

I have a 1990 Dodge w250 setup with a 7.5' Unimount.

I finally found a nice used 8.5' MVP.

Does anybody know what wiring changes are necessary if any?

Anybody have any experience with this or any info?

Thanks!

Thumbs Up

2. JC1390

JC1390 Junior Member

Well think i answered my own question after some google searching...

Can anybody confirm the Western p/n 66623 and 66610 are all i need for the conversion?

3. Dogplow Dodge

Dogplow Dodge PlowSite Veteran
    from NJ

Can't help you, but I'm glad there's someone out there besides myself who's plowing with a dodge like mine...

Good to know you, brother in wheels......

Thumbs Up

4. JC1390

JC1390 Junior Member

Wouldn't want it any other way!!! You runnin a cummins? Mines in pieces right now getting all kind of crazy stuff.

Glad to hear I'm not the only one runnin a first gen.

5. nealybird

nealybird Senior Member

Hi JC1390.
    yes you found the right part numbers. those are the main harness and the battery cable for the relay wiring MVP. then you can use the rest of the wiring you already have on your truck for the headlights.
    If the guy is giving you wiring with the plow then you should be getting those though. He's giving you a control, right? what's he doing with the wiring?

6. JC1390

JC1390 Junior Member

No wiring and no controller which stinks but its a good deal and a nice upgrade for me. The story is he took the plow on trade...he runs all fisher products and has no need for the western.

7. nealybird

nealybird Senior Member

ok, yea that happens. so you'll need the 66623 and the 66610 harnesses to go with your headlight harness and relays, and a 96462 control. That new control is like $389 though. maybe you can find a good used one.

8. JC1390

JC1390 Junior Member

Yeah I'm not too worried about it... Selling my 7.5' unimount for harness and controller money!

Can't wait to get the MVP hooked up!!!

9. Dogplow Dodge

Dogplow Dodge PlowSite Veteran
    from NJ

Yup,

there's a couple of us cwazy wabbits out there.

Ps....

Don't tell Elmer... it's wabbit season.....:eek:

How about pix ?

10. JC1390

JC1390 Junior Member

Once shes all back together ill shoot a bunch of pictures.

11. RIVERVIEW7

RIVERVIEW7 Member

I have a uni mount controller for a uni mount mvp I am looking to sell it or trade it for a straight mount controller. I am in northern jersey. Call or text me at 201 615 1692

12. RIVERVIEW7

RIVERVIEW7 Member

I can email you pictures.

13. randomb0b123

randomb0b123 PlowSite.com Addict
    from america

i wouldnt mind getting one some day. that way i could keep using western and finally have a trip edge! is there a way to wire the truck so that you can use a straight blade or a v plow? how much heavier is the v than a 7'6''?

14. RIVERVIEW7

RIVERVIEW7 Member

There is a way to run both i did before i sold my v blade. I wired the truck for a v blade and western makes the adapter inside the truck to switch controllers which lets you run both blades.