1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

switching from joystick to fishstick

Discussion in 'Fisher Engineering Discussion' started by snowman91, Mar 30, 2008.

1. i have a 8' mm1 and it has a joystick controll the joystick is and an uncomfortable place so i was thinking of getting a fishstick or moving the joystick. how hard is it to install a fishstick myself and how much would it cost ? or how hard is it to move the joystick from behing the steering wheel to the center consol?

2. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

No reason you couldn't do either.

Should be some slack in the control harness to allow you to move the joystick, may not be enough to reach the center console though. Just depends on how the harness is routed. Could always buy the extension harness Fisher/Western has or lengthen the wires on your own.

Changing to a Fish stick is also possible. It would be plug and play for the most part but you may have to reconfigure a ground wire in the the harness and at the under hood solenoid first. Not a tough job to do though.

3. how do you connect the extension harness is it just soldering the wires together?

4. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

It's simply an extension harness with the 6 pin Molex connecting plugs already on each end. You simply disconnect your joy stick controller from the under dash plug and connect the extension harness, then just plug the controller into the extension harness.

Western part # 61845

5. where could i buy an extension harness?

6. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

Any local Fisher/Western dealer can supply you with the harness... or CPW has them: Extension harness

7. thanks B&B

8. NorwayAuto&Plow

NorwayAuto&Plow Senior Member

Fisher makes an adapter plug so buy that and the fishstick and you'll be set. It goes from a square to a round plug with threads. For mounting, we put ours into the split in the bench of the seat. This way you can have your arm on the armrest and your hand on the fishstick at the same time.

9. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

That would be for a straight to vee. :confused:

10. NorwayAuto&Plow

NorwayAuto&Plow Senior Member

I thought thats what he had.... my bad. to switch from joystick to fish stick is just plugging in the right one. The wire plug is the same and the fish stick/ joy stick plug is the same for both.