1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Switching from Joystick to Fishstick

Discussion in 'Fisher Engineering Discussion' started by PlowMan03, Dec 31, 2007.

1. PlowMan03

PlowMan03 Senior Member
    from Maine

Hey guys,

I have a friend that just got a 04 Chevy 2500hd with a 8' Fisher with the joystick control. He wants to swtich the control to a Fishstick and wants to know how hard it would be to do so. Would he be best off keeping the Joystick? Also how would he go about putting the plow in "Float" mode with the Joystick?

Thanks for your time.
  2. WOODY367

WOODY367 Senior Member
    from LI, NY

To switch from joystick to fish-stic just unplug 1 and plug in the other. No big deal. With the joystick when you lower the plow it goes into float mode.
  3. kmwharley

kmwharley Member

Yes the switch is just to unplug in the old and plug in the new. However to float get some taking used to. I was used to tapping the joystick down and being in float but the fish stick you have to hold the down button for 1 sec and it will be in float (a green light will appear if in doubt). it took a couple plows to get used to but love it!
  4. cubanb343

cubanb343 Senior Member
    from ERIE

Once you switch to the FishStik you'll never go back!! Not that there's anything wrong with that.. Ha Ha

But keep the joystick as a back up in case you need it. You know how anything can happen
  5. saabman

saabman Member
    from Maine

Love the fishstick. Left hand steers, and right hand shifts (auto) and operates the fish stick. The most notable difference is the fish stick will do smooth stop on left and right movements of the blade. Takes some getting used to. As others have said, just unplug the joystick and replace with fish stick.
  6. TurbDies2500

TurbDies2500 Senior Member

Its just plug and play. Easy as pie. The Fishstick is great. I like it a lot.