1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Switching Boxes

Discussion in 'Chevy Trucks' started by porter, Dec 23, 2001.

1. porter

porter Junior Member

Hey everyone i was wondering i have a 2002 stepside z71 can i take that box off and just put a fleetside one on or is there and modifications?

thanks

2. 75

75 PlowSite.com Addict

I don't have any experience with the 2002 trucks, so remember this is just "speculation", but I believe the pickup boxes should interchange with no problem as long as they are the same style - I know GM made some minor styling changes in those "jellybean" trucks at the end of the '90's, subtly echoing the Dodge pickup styling.

Stepside to Fleetside should present no diffculties IMO. Only thing that might be different would be the rear wiring plug-in, we just replaced the box on an '84 Chev pickup at work with one off an '87 and the wiring harness plugs were different styles but still 4-pin.