1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

switching back and forth from plow to truck

Discussion in 'Fisher Engineering Discussion' started by chevyzrule810, Dec 22, 2011.

1. chevyzrule810

chevyzrule810 PlowSite.com Addict

A friend of mine is having troubles with his truck.He's not around me so I can't go look at it.The problem he is having is the truck switches back and fourth from the plow to truck causing an almost strobe pattern.Any ideas?

2. chevyzrule810

this a 2010 2500HD by the way

3. RepoMan207

RepoMan207 PlowSite Fanatic
    from Maine

Connection issue for sure. Loose, bent, or corroded connection at the grill, ISO, or solenoid. The ground is connecting and missing with the vibration I would think. Have him fully inspect the pins on the 11 pin light harness (both sides obviously), unplug and re plug the connections at the ISO, but more importantly, trace the black / orange wire that connects off the light harness...I'm assuming this is a 3 port setup, but I need to know what plow to specifically tell you where to look for the connections. It ultimately lands at the solenoid, or battery depending on wether it's a multiplex or non multiplex setup. Again, depending on the setup, there are a few barrel connections along the way as well.

4. theholycow

theholycow PlowSite.com Addict

5. RepoMan207

RepoMan207 PlowSite Fanatic
    from Maine

Oh, so your one of those guys......:rolleyes: :laughing:

6. chevyzrule810

Its a 4 port isolation module.Its a minute mount 1 converted to a 3 plug with intensfire lights