1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Switches for my whelen.

Discussion in 'Strobe Lighting' started by gottaluvplows, Oct 26, 2009.

1. gottaluvplows

gottaluvplows Senior Member

Hey my friend who works at a LED store is going to give me a discount on some LEDS for my truck!xysport lol but yeah so i was looking at a mini lightbar Whelen or (i forgot the name)
    But also i was looking at some of these (im not getting them from northern tool but heres a pic)
    I Know i will have to run the wires and all that i just dont know what switch to use because whats nice about these are, they have 15 different flash patterns in them!
    If you can plz give me a idea about what switch to use...
    Pictures are great too!
    Here is one description

2. kitn1mcc

kitn1mcc Senior Member

on that goes on and off
  3. Dissociative

Dissociative 2000 Club Member

what you need is a standard switch to give them 12V to turn on.....then a momentary push button switch to give the pattern wire a 12v shot every time you push it to change patterns...

any good installer can pre-wire this set-up for you and you could just drop it into your truck....connect to lights and your done.....pretty easy for a installer to do for you..