1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Switched to LT Truck tire on my UTV

Discussion in 'ATV / UTV Snow Removal' started by Mike_, Oct 12, 2016.

1. Mike_

Mike_ Senior Member

It was time for new tires and I decided it was time to try something besides the usual ATV/UTV tire. I'm trying out the 27x8.5x14" Maxxis Bighorn LT Truck tire mounted on 7x14" wheels on all 4 corners, now I can rotate them and considering they're a 30,000-40,000 truck tire they should last me a long time. I'm hoping the tread design will work good when plowing, I guess I'll find out in a few months.

Tire.JPG Tire 1.JPG Tire2.JPG
  2. gottaloveOT

gottaloveOT Senior Member

Should be good. We were running trailer tires on our Gators because we were wearing fronts out very fast. Obviously the tread on the trailer tires were not aggressive like yours. They worked fine for plowing in the lighter snows, not so much on heavy, wet snow. I would think yours would be fine. I bought some ATV wheels and trailer tires for one of our Bobcat 3600s because we were burning through rear tires. If we keep the machines, I will change the other wheels/tires too and might run snow tires. Nobody makes a mud tire in size we need to run.
  3. sublime68charge

sublime68charge PlowSite.com Addict

looks good,

give a mid winter report back on how they are doing!
  4. Philbilly2

Philbilly2 2000 Club Member

I have used quite a few sets of those threw the years on plow trucks.

The wear rather quick on a 10,000lb truck, but they get to the pavement very well for the price.

I still have one set on a 2wd service truck and that guy says that they handle great in the snow on that truck.
  5. Mike_

Mike_ Senior Member

That's good to hear, I'm a light weight, only going to be 1,300-1,400 lbs loaded.