1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Switched power

Discussion in 'Fisher Engineering Discussion' started by Bruce'sEx, Sep 9, 2010.

1. Bruce'sEx

Bruce'sEx Senior Member

Just wondering, but where are people picking up the Switched 12v power for the control on the new GM (2007-present.. GMT900).

I was poking around with other wiring and noticed everything is live all the time on the driver side fuse panel. Which is where I normally pick up switched power. Are we forced to run out to the underhood fuse panel?

2. LON

LON Senior Member

Underhood is the only place I've found. Don't remember the fuse number for gas engined models, 42 or 43 sticks in my mind.

3. brad96z28

brad96z28 PlowSite.com Addict

I belive the underhood fuse box says acc power Or something.

4. Bruce'sEx

Bruce'sEx Senior Member

Yeah.. I was already using 43 for another acc.. but I can work around.. Was just hoping for something in cab.

5. brad96z28

6. Bruce'sEx

Bruce'sEx Senior Member

Yeah. I've seen them used them once and a while.. Taping a fuse is not an issue.. finding a decent one to tap was.

7. brad96z28

powering a controller cant draw what maybe an amp or 2. should be able to use almost any. I got to ck that next time with my amp probe just to see what it draws exactly.