1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Switched Power Wire in 2004 GMC Sierra

Discussion in 'Fisher Engineering Discussion' started by pelletman, Dec 1, 2009.

1. pelletman

pelletman Junior Member
    from MA

Hi Guys

I'm installing the wiring for a Fisher 3 Wire (4 Plug Box) and I'm looking to find if someone can easily tell me where to find a switched wire (on when the ignition is on) wire to hook my little red wire into. Any help is greatly appreciated! Thanks Dave

2. 06Sierra

06Sierra PlowSite.com Addict
    from Maine

Fuse box inside the cab. I don't remember what one I used. I just used the first one that I found that was switched.

3. RepoMan207

RepoMan207 PlowSite Fanatic
    from Maine

I just put up a bunch of pictures of my install. The two red leads shown in the fuse box are both Ign. Sourced. You can easily run the wire under the dash through the back side of the fuse box so it's out of sight.
    DSC08521.jpg

http://www.plowsite.com/showthread.php?t=87611

DSC08521.jpg

Last edited: Dec 1, 2009
  4. Philbilly2

Philbilly2 2000 Club Member

drivers door fuse panel... 25A Winsheld Wipers

5. plowman_25

plowman_25 Member

on my truck there is a fuse in the fuse panel on the drivers side that is already set up for a switched accessory. (thats what chevy labeled it in my owners manual)

the easist way to wire it in my opinion is to get an add a circuit from napa for about $20 and all you do is plug it into the fuse panel and crimp your wire to it. its really easy.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Dec 1, 2009
  6. pelletman

pelletman Junior Member
    from MA

Thanks! I did find a switched fuse after I posted. I was wondering an easy way to tap into the box. I'll stop by NAPA in the morning.

7. RepoMan207

from Maine

Why not just use a .87 cents pigtailed fuse?

[​IMG]

8. Philbilly2

Philbilly2 2000 Club Member

Those things are slick, but what do you do when the fuse blows? Will the wire pull out of the fuse?

9. plowman_25

plowman_25 Member

where do you get the pig tail fuses? napa? they look almost like the same thing i was talking about, but for 87 cents you can't go wrong

10. RepoMan207

from Maine

You'll have to replace the whole thing if the fuse blows.

Pretty much the same thing. My jaw dropped to the floor when I read $20, I thought it was a typo until I checked it out online. I think the only advantage to the one you posted is if it does blow a fuse, you simply replace the fuse (s) an your good to go.

I use to buy them at Napa, I buy alot of my stuff from Tessco now. You have to buy a 10 or 20 count bag if you go through Tessco though. Napa sells them per each I believe.

11. pelletman

pelletman Junior Member
    from MA

I bought the add a circuit from Autozone for about 6 bucks. The first local parts store had nothing, the second, AZ had the add a circuit. I never saw the pigtailed fuse. I think I like what I got better as if you blow the fuse on the other you could be screwed..