1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Switched 12V

Discussion in 'Chevy Trucks' started by PLM-1, Dec 15, 2006.

1. PLM-1

PLM-1 Senior Member

Pretty much got everything finished with the new plow. My controller and fluid were backordered. The only thing i have left to hook up is the keyed 12V inside the cab. Is there a good location to plug in this wire. Something maybe in the passenger side wire box? That's where my clearance lights just connected onto a pin with a female connector.

2. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

I usually use a fuse in the instrument panel fuse panel. The fuse is marked "SEO ACCY" it should be a 10 amp.

3. PLM-1

PLM-1 Senior Member

Thanks for the help. I will take a look.

4. carcrz

carcrz Senior Member

You should be able to use any of the ignition-hot fuses.

5. PLM-1

PLM-1 Senior Member

OK, i have decided to use that fuse. I tried to pull the fuse block out but it won't reach out of the dash. How would one tap into it? I'm sorta dumb in this area. If something doesn't come out easy i don't force it.

6. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

Here's what I usehttp://www.partsexpress.com/pe/pshowdetl.cfm?&DID=7&Partnumber=071-580 Wont void the factory warranty either.