1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Discussion in 'Snowbear Plows' started by MSB1766, Jan 12, 2011.

1. MSB1766

MSB1766 Member

If anyone needs to replace their switch here is a link:

My switch stopped working yesterday after 15 years. I was luck that my Dad had given me some of the switches about 10 years ago, just had to find them.
    I looked online at Snowbear but did not see just the switch, saw just the switch at few websites but they were 4X the price.
    Last edited: Jan 12, 2011
  2. machinehog

machinehog Junior Member

The Best Bet still is the Summit racing winch solenoid kit from super winch, cost about 100$ from summit on ebay and puts an on-off-on toggle switch in the cab with you. I clamped mine to the shifter lever under the knob, so I just put in gear and drop or lift the plow without having to move my hand. makes it much faster.
  3. MBrooks420

MBrooks420 Member
    from Erie PA

No need to spend $100 on a truck winch solenoid. Just get a winch contactor for an ATV winch for under $25, and use the handlebar switch, or any on/off/on momentary switch.
  4. acornish

acornish Senior Member

i agree with MBrooks-- i dir this for the wifes trail blazer get a heavy duty contactor on E-Bay for 20 bucs then get yourself a mom on /off/ mom on toggle about 5 bucs at electric store-- then you can run center wire to fuse box and run 2 14 gauge wires to the contactor-- makes for a clean install
  5. weasel1221

weasel1221 Junior Member

i just bought a solenoid from amazon.com for $18 + shipping works great. i used a 4 plug trailer wire to control the winch
  6. machinehog

machinehog Junior Member

I wish I had seen that, the kit from summit has two heavy duty solenoids and the pistol grip switch housing, I may try to replicate this for my other truck next winter with the Ebay parts. I also found the heavy duty quick connect for the winch wires on ebay from seller "73volt" for ten bucks. I barely beat the snow this year, but the 500$ plow has paid for itself this year already and we have more snow coming next week.