1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Switch question

Discussion in 'Strobe Lighting' started by fordmstng66, Dec 28, 2008.

1. fordmstng66

fordmstng66 Senior Member

Ok i just installed 2 Vertex hideaways in my reverse lights, and also put 2 Whelen Tir3 in the grill. I have run all the wires in my cab, and synced the lights with a power converter. I have to put power to these lights. The Tir3 say that i have to run a 3 amp fuse on each light, and i am figuring the same for the vertex hideaways. I would like to have these 4 lights turn on with one switch, is that possible, and do i need to run a seperate fuse for each light? If i purchase a switch panel, would i be able to hook up the hideaways on a switch, and the Tir3 on there own switch? Any help would be great.

2. ColliganLands

ColliganLands PlowSite.com Addict

just fuse each one seperately and then put them to the switch
    you can do all those on 1 switch no problem as leds are low current draw.
    or if your really concernced you can get a higher amp rated rocker switch from whelen or another manufacutrer

3. fordmstng66

fordmstng66 Senior Member

Thank you, i will attempt to pull the wire from the top down, and wire them wit the switch from the factory.