1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

switch pump type?

Discussion in 'Fisher Engineering Discussion' started by onus, Mar 16, 2011.

1. onus

onus Junior Member
    from CT

I want to convert my fisher speedcast with a cable actuated electric over hydralic to a plane electric one. The controller for the cable actuated one is ill place, and the removability of the electric ones sound very nice.

2. NHresident

NHresident Senior Member

So whats ur question ??

3. onus

onus Junior Member
    from CT

I want to switch to the newer style pumps where the controllers are all electrical. Right now it is cable actuated and really limits the location of the control stick.

4. NHresident

NHresident Senior Member

u'll need a new/used SEHP (solenoid electrical hydro pump) then depending on ur yr make model trk u will need to go to what is called a 2 OR 3 plug setup.Then u'll need to chg either the harnees or the entire plow headlight setup on ur headgear-ull also need a battery cable for the pump and if ur going w/ a 3 plug setup ull need a pump control harness.--then ull need another compatable controller.then if ur going 2 plug u'll need a trkside batt pwr cable-21' batt cable,solenoid,trkside control harness and unique to ur trk headlight cable and more than likely 2 relays----if ur using a 3 plug setup u'll need trk side batt pwr cable,21" batt cable,solenoid,4 or 3 port module (trk unique) head light cables,trkside plow headlight cable,veh control cable(aswell as a few other items depending on trk+module like a configuration plug and veh control harness adaptor THINK its worth it to just to move ur current controller ??

5. onus

onus Junior Member
    from CT

Well the pump is already electric but still cable actuated, and the headlights are separate harness with a toggle switch in the cab. I'm sure i can reuse the solenoid and battery cables used for the plow currently. This probably more work than its worth. I need a better alternator too the stock one just doesn't cut the mustard. I'm gonna upgrade to a 130 or 160 3g alternator on my 91' f250. The voltage just drops so much when using the plow.