1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

switch panels

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by Chevytruck85, Dec 10, 2004.

1. Chevytruck85

Chevytruck85 Senior Member

I got a 3 switch switch panel for my 85 chevy truck i was wondering were the best place to mount it would be. If any body has a older chevy with a swich panel could u tell me were u mounted it or post some pics?
    Thanks

2. Frozen001

Frozen001 Senior Member
    from Rome NY

Why not just put it where it is most convenient for you... Everyone like things in different spots, what is good for me might not be the best for you...

3. NJ Plowman

NJ Plowman Senior Member

On one of my 87 Chevy's we mounted it with heavy duty double stick tape right on top of the dash where the center radio speaker went. The dash (grill area where the speaker is) was in bad shape from sun damage and all tore up so we covered it with the switch box and just ran the wires down thru the hole where the grill was. It was an enclosed switch box, not an open back panel though. Then we used a little more of the double stick tape and put a three outlet power supply on top of the switch box, and then we double stuck a "Mr Plow" Homer Simpson action figure on top of the power outlet. EVERYBODY loves it! :eek:

4. derekbroerse

derekbroerse 2000 Club Member

I mounted a three-switch and fuse flat panel in my '82 a few weeks back. I didn't want to take up the spaces that the a/c ducts belong in or stereo items (b/c both are missing right now) so I fabbed a mounting bracket from some thin aluminum that picks up the lower two screws that hold the ashtray. This allows everything to still operate (when you tilt down the ashtray, SURPRISE! Trailer brake controller ;) ) and look neat and tidy.

My eventual goal is to get an overhead console for the truck (like those Shelf-It or Steel Horse setups) and mount the switches up there... then nothing will be hanging below the dash.